Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

41 - 60 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Checked the UConnect website and my VIN now shows that I can download the new update to 18.45.01 for my USA '17 Summit. It was not available a week ago. Downloaded, unzipped to a USB drive stick and the update took about 25 minutes with the vehicle running parked. No problems with the update and all settings were retained including my taillight and DRL changes that I had made with Appcar DiagFCA software. :)

·
Registered
LS376/480 GTO
258 Posts
Only a couple hours ago I received an email from Uconnect - “Important GPS software update” for my RA4 headunit. Procrastination at its finest, or insanely poor execution? :coinflip:

·
Registered
2014 Grand Cherokee
1,020 Posts
Only a couple hours ago I received an email from Uconnect - “Important GPS software update” for my RA4 headunit. Procrastination at its finest, or insanely poor execution? :coinflip:
I find it interesting that you guys all receive emails. I have had a UConnect subscription since I purchased the vehicle new and have never received an email. I have only received the one notification on the vehicle and that was three weeks ago and came to the vehicle, not email, and I have never received an OTA update. I have called them and they assure me that my records are correct, but I think there are probably different departments with different databases and not all are kept up to date. It is very frustrating.

I love the Jeep and plan to keep it for some time, but dealing with UConnect and FCA is a royal PITA. Hopefully, the Jeep will last me, but if I ever buy another vehicle, I'm afraid it won't be a Chrysler product.

·
Registered
2014 WK2 Overland
811 Posts
Just curious if anyone has a change log for this latest update for the 13-17 models?
Downloaded and installed with zero issues. Just curious as to what has been changed.

·
Registered
Subaru Legacy STIEVO
1,981 Posts
Here is why: GPS week number roll-over week.

Almost every single device with a GPS manufactured between 2006 and 2016 will be impacted: cellphone, tablet, car infotainment.

So this update will keep your GPS working. But that is one big update for a clerical issue unless the whole "image" must be uploaded at once.

·
Registered
2015 Grand Cherokee
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
Yep, here's what I did to extract. Ensure 7zip is up to date -- latest is 19.00. Remove the stupid comma in the archive file name (who does this, WTF? kinda been a rule since last century).

Extract with 7zip or open as a .7z archive with 7zip and extract, (7zip opens it successfully as a .7z archive, because the archive is invalid as a .zip.)

Verify extracted file sizes are larger than zero and the swdl.upd file is about 1.4 GB or so.

I haven't tried to install this update on the Jeep, yet. In the morning for that fun.

PS. Avoid jZip, it'll give your PC cancer.
I did not have to remove the comma from the file name. It took about 30 minutes to install.

·
Registered
Subaru Legacy STIEVO
1,981 Posts
So... is this safe to install on MY 14 vehicles for which the Uconnect website says no update is available but the software version (based on there own instructions) clearly states you need the update?

·
Registered
2014 Grand Cherokee
1,020 Posts
So... is this safe to install on MY 14 vehicles for which the Uconnect website says no update is available but the software version (based on there own instructions) clearly states you need the update?
I installed it on my early MY14 with no problems and the UConnect site insisted that I had no updates available.

·
Registered
Subaru Legacy STIEVO
1,981 Posts
I installed it on my early MY14 with no problems and the UConnect site insisted that I had no updates available.
Thank you. It is now dark in Chicago and temperatures are bordering freezing. I am so very tempted to see what tomorrow brings and if my GPS is messed up or not...from the lack of updates.

·
Registered
Subaru Legacy STIEVO
1,981 Posts
I can confirm another successful installation of the 18.45.01 software in my UConnect. Early MY 2014 but the radio changed so many times, it is likely a 2016ish. And no, the website showed no available update.

I also did the update on Sunday when the GPS was supposed to go postal and show me driving off the reservation. It didn't and navigation worked fine in the 17.43.01 version but I updated regardless.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Tried to do this update several times and got no where. Download runs fine, inserted the USB stick and waited, nothing. The correct files are on the stick. Will call them tomorrow.

·
Registered
2014 WK2 Overland
811 Posts
Tried to do this update several times and got no where. Download runs fine, inserted the USB stick and waited, nothing. The correct files are on the stick. Will call them tomorrow.
Did you happen to have a SD card in the media slot? May have gotten a corrupt download or an error during decompression. It took mine about 2-3 minutes to recognize the update. What program did you use to extract the files to usb?
I'd download it again, and extract it to the usb once more.

·
Registered
2014 Grand Cherokee
1,020 Posts
When I did it, I ended up hitting the Media button and then USB. It started immediately after that.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Thanks. Nothing in any media slots. I will try the button this afternoon.

·
Premium Member
3,279 Posts
Make sure you extract the files from the zip folder , if you haven't.

·
Registered
441 Posts
When I did it, I ended up hitting the Media button and then USB. It started immediately after that.
Tried this; error message 'Files not supported'. I'll give therm a call sometime as everything is working just fine.

41 - 60 of 69 Posts