Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,

I have a 2011 GC Overland with the SRS light on. I do have a code reader that shows B1B1A which is listed as "Left Side curtain Squib 1 Circuit open". My question is: Does anyone happen to know where or have a drawing of where the connections to the Squib (I'm assuming the squib is in the drivers side headliner) are? I have a logical wiring diagram but it doesn't say anything about the physical location. Please tell me I wont have to pull the head liner..

Things I've tried already:
Reset the codes, clears and comes right back.
Pulled the Battery cable and let it sit for a day. No change.

Thanks for any help,

Jim

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Found it! it's in the back running up the D pillar. Removing the plastic cover revealed I have a Mouse problem. Wire leading to the squib was chewed thru... Easy fix. Now the question is how do I keep mice out!?

·
Registered
Grand Cherokee
2,779 Posts
Mice in a vehicle? I've only experienced that in a vehicle I had in storage or drove less than once a month.... ....of course where you live and park the car could make a huge difference... ....do you keep all the doors closed and windows up when the vehicle is parked? ....there are vents for the cabin on either side at the very rear and bottom of the cabin, they fent underneath the rear plastic fascia on the sides... ...they have little rubber flaps over the openings to act like flapper valves, to let air out, but not in.... ...there are several posts about smelling exhaust fumes in the cabin and sure enough they found something was wrong with these flapper valves, either missing or contorted and held open... ....the D pillar is just above these vents, good guess your mice are getting in that way... ...making sure your flapper valves are in good order might help and then a few moth balls dropped own inside those vents might help keep them out...

Keep in mind, the Fed Mandates a Six Sigma Reliability Standard for the AirBag, the only way for the manufacturers to convince the Regulators they could meet that requirement, is with engineer standards that included self tests to the n'th degree, to include better than circuit continuity tests, they will trip warning lights for the circuit changing a few ohms in resistance.... ...so if you get the light again, might want to first check that splice you did, with age and wear the splice might go bad, and with air bags, it just has to introduce a few ohms into the circuit and you've got warning lights and codes.....

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, it happens. I live on a ranch... Kinda why I bought a Jeep. Mice are a reality here. I'll check the vents... Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
Grand Cherokee
2,779 Posts
Yeah, it happens. I live on a ranch...
:ROFLMAO: Yea, I was thinking how do you get mice in your vehicle unless its sits stationary and ignored for extended lengths of time? Then I stepped back and thought, not everyone lives in the burbs like I do.....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts