Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2011 WK2 Laredo and 2015 WK2 Laredo
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My bad. I know better.

I got lazy and didn't crawl under my 2015 WK2 to inspect the dealer's warranty work immediately after getting it back. This time I skated. The issues were minor and fixable; a catalytic converter mounting bracket hanging loose, an exhaust pipe clamp loose with a 3/16" nut half jammed over a metric threaded stud, and a heat shield rubbing against the replacement drive shaft. The previous trip to (a different) dealer for the same issue; not only they couldn't find the problem, but when I looked under the jeep a week later, ALL MY SKID PLATES WERE MISSING!!! After a conversation with the dealer's service manager the plates were found and re-installed, but REALLY????

Inspect your vehicle when you get it back. Every time. Open the hood before you drive it off. Everything they touched, check, especially caps and fluid levels. Ask to inspect the underside of the vehicle before they lower the hoist. If inspect means crawl under it at home, then put the car up on ramps, and do it.

Sorry to rant, and I hope this saves someone some grief.

·
Registered
2019 WK2
9 Posts
The only damage I ever had to any of my vehicles was ALWAYS caused by the careless, inept service personnel at the dealership. I feel your pain.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Took my 15 Overland to the dealership for water pump replacement under warranty and they didn't top off the antifreeze. Always Inspect your vehicle when you get it back from the dealer.

·
Registered
Grand Cherokee
2,977 Posts
The previous trip to (a different) dealer for the same issue; not only they couldn't find the problem, but when I looked under the jeep a week later, ALL MY SKID PLATES WERE MISSING!!! After a conversation with the dealer's service manager the plates were found and re-installed, but REALLY????
Unbelievable....
Did you complain to Corporate Customer Service? Or course they are going to say its a simple mistake we'll fix it...... ....a complaint to the Better Business Bureau might be warranted as well....
Its bad enough that you have to double check their work and then have them correct it....
But what kind of business are you running when people bring their vehicle to you for service, then leave missing valuable equipment?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts