Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, two hours of searching is enough so I'll ask here. I have a 2018 Limited 3.6. I was looking to buy an oil drain plug. Apparently there's an updated one. So on all the Mopar and dealership parts sites it only lists a 3.6 flex fuel engine for 2018, no non flex fuel 3.6. My gas door has a circle and slash over an E85 which indicates to me that it is not a flex fuel vehicle. So can someone explain to me why Jeep thinks I have a flex fuel when I don't and if parts listed for a flex fuel will fit a non flex fuel?

·
Registered
2018 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
40 Posts
I don't know why all the Mopar sites seem to list it that way. I doubt there is any physical difference with the oil pan on an E85/non-E85 3.6. If there's a delineation, it probably goes along with a manufacturing date not whether or not it's flex fuel capable.

Everything I can find suggests that 6506214AA is the correct part number.

Reactions: mjb4450

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you. Yes that's the updated part I found too. I figure I'd change it just to be sure because I have always done oil changes on my GC with an oil extractor from the dipstick tube but this last time I went and did it by pulling the drain plug instead. I had never touched it since new 25,000 miles ago and it was only finger tight, luckily no leaks yet. So I don't know if it came that way from the factory or it loosened on it's own. So that along with threads talking about stuck oil plugs not from the factory but after oil changes, possibly due to dissimilar metal corrosion, I thought I might as well get the updated plug. I figure they updated for a reason.

·
Registered
2020 Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit 3.6L 4x2
1,765 Posts
Buy a Fumoto valve instead then you wont have to worry again😉👍

1 - 4 of 4 Posts