Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I was posting in the Found a tuner in Canada thread but I wanted to give a little review after I pulled the trigger on this one.

I wanted to give some insight to those who waited to late on GDE like ihave about 200 miles on this tune so I feel comfortable giving my opinion on it. The tune is available here through Ecodiesel Canada Owners Shop/T & S Speedshop at https://squareup.com/store/ecodiesel-owners-canada-performance-parts/item/stage-tune

Chris at Ecodiesel Owners Canada was super responsive and answered any question I had before I pulled the trigger and checked in on the whole process.

First of all, this is the only tune that I know of for the ethat has the flash tool capability. It’s very slick, the unit is from Alientech, the Powergate3+.

The stage 1 provides 2 tuning options, a 20hp and 40hp option. It comes standard with egr disabled, high idle, exhaust break, cooling fan optimization etc. I believe you can add a DEF disable option but I did not opt for that.
4E83E312-B9B2-43DE-8522-4FF7DE4E393E.jpeg

Once the tool comes all you have to do is download some software on your PC, hook the tool up for an update, then plug the tool into the OBD port to read the stock file. Then you plug the tool back into the PC and send it to Martin at MRTuning and he sends the file back all tuned up very quickly. Upload the tune onto the tool and load it onto the PCM and you’re in business.

I couldn’t be happier with how it’s running. Engine runs smooth as silk and the best compliment I can give it is that nothing surprises me anymore except the extra power, which it definitely has. It shift where you want it to, gives power where you want it, with absolutely zero lag. After the AEM, acceleration was sluggish, shifting was erratic especially uphill. Here is your fix.

I thought I was stuck after GDE got locked down but with the flash tool this offers and getting some road testing on the MRTuning smart tune I feel like I came out on top.

I will be adding their trans tune to go along with this one as soon as I can stash enough funds away from the wife, I’m happy to give some insight on that as well.

Im happy to answer any questions

·
Registered
824 Posts
Thanks for the review. Looks like you can flash back to OEM file at anytime for dealer visits? Seems to be a good option in the future.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the review. Looks like you can flash back to OEM file at anytime for dealer visits? Seems to be a good option in the future.
Yep that’s definitely an attractive option with this thing. I’ve been having fun with the 40hp file but gonna try the 20 hp file this weekend

·
Registered
17 Sub OB/17 Ridge
1,087 Posts
I agree. I have had the AEM version 2 tune for two weeks now. I have no issues with codes or the like but the transmission is now always hunting between 7-8 gear which it never did before even before the GDE tune, turbo lag is way worse than the stock tune.
There fore I hope there is something like these folks that can help restore what I had with the GDE tune which made it a delight to drive.
Honestly if I can't get a tune that is back to what I had I will be selling or trading my ride for a new one of undetermined make and model. I thought I would never say that but it is pure BS when FCA mentions that the performance is unaffected. It is greatly affected even over the stock tune. Mileage? Maybe 2-3 mpg loss.
The 3K isn't worth it to me and I regret doing this. I would rather not get the 3K and keep what I had.
Fingers crossed that there is a viable solution out there that will restore performance and fuel economy...

·
Registered
824 Posts
I agree. I have had the AEM version 2 tune for two weeks now. I have no issues with codes or the like but the transmission is now always hunting between 7-8 gear which it never did before even before the GDE tune, turbo lag is way worse than the stock tune.
There fore I hope there is something like these folks that can help restore what I had with the GDE tune which made it a delight to drive.
Honestly if I can't get a tune that is back to what I had I will be selling or trading my ride for a new one of undetermined make and model. I thought I would never say that but it is pure BS when FCA mentions that the performance is unaffected. It is greatly affected even over the stock tune. Mileage? Maybe 2-3 mpg loss.
The 3K isn't worth it to me and I regret doing this. I would rather not get the 3K and keep what I had.
Fingers crossed that there is a viable solution out there that will restore performance and fuel economy...
What AEM version 2? First person who I've heard has some sort of a version 2. Thanks for letting me know not to get the AEM version 1, 2 or whatever they come up with.

·
Registered
17 Sub OB/17 Ridge
1,087 Posts
Version 2 was flashed at my dealership last week a few days after version 1. They called me and asked me to bring it back in. I was driving version 1. Check with your dealership. Mine has always been on top of their game and unless it was something like the EGR cooler and valve I was out of there in 45 minutes both times.
All I know.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I’m wounding if I got this Could I save original tune? Pre ADM have not gone in for ADM yet! Waiting till last minute!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I’m wounding if I got this Could I save original tune? Pre ADM have not gone in for ADM yet! Waiting till last minute!
I don't see any reason why you couldn't. The initial plug in of the device downloads an initial base file of whatever is on the jeep currently, that becomes your "original file".

Chris Munro is the sales guy for ecodiesel owners, his email address is [email protected] he'd be able to confirm

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
If thats what you're after I'd definitely encourage you to take a look. The jeep is better than before, MPG is way up and I'm on 32 inch tires, absolutely zero turbo lag.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts