Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

61 - 66 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Is it a given, that if you take your vehicle in with a CEL, that your ECM is always going to be flashed, even if not related to the CEL?
Wouldn't they read it, replace the part, clear it, and still wouldn't affect the AEM or GDE or whatever you have... or is it pretty much going to be re written just by being connected?

·
Registered
3 Posts
I’m wounding if I got this Could I save original tune? Pre ADM have not gone in for ADM yet! Waiting till last minute!
did you ever figure this out? I am also pre AEM and would like to save that original pre AEM tune. This way I would have the flash tune and the pre AEM tune. Does anyone know if this is possible?

·
Registered
115 Posts
It's possible if you get a tune and tuner with a company that uses a handheld device. Hit up Chris Monro at EcoDiesel owners of Canada and get a MRTuning tune. It will save your original file, and give you the option to switch back and forth between tunes for dealership visits.

·
Registered
28 Posts
2016 summit.

Updated with pc.

Plug into odb. Select dodge, ram, second entry with the Bosch engine code. Select to read stock file. Instructs to turn key to on position. Push button to run, with out actually starting car. Unable to read.

Also tried in acc, off, and running.

Doing something wrong or?
Thanks
If you have a jeep, how come you are going to the Dodge Ram page? Have you tried going Jeep, Grand Cherokee, and then selecting the entry with the Bosch engine code?

·
Registered
2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude
156 Posts
I recently did the MRTuning upgrade (Stage 1 - installed the 40hp file, not sure I am going to bother trying the 20hp one) - took a bit to get it done as my ECM programming was not part of the database (2018 High Altitude) and it needed a bench read done first, but Chris offered a solution and we got it done. Very limited time in the seat since the tune (done Sat evening), but the engine does seem to run a bit smoother plus it is nice that the lag is mostly gone.

So far I am satisfied with the tune and service.

If you have a jeep, how come you are going to the Dodge Ram page? Have you tried going Jeep, Grand Cherokee, and then selecting the entry with the Bosch engine code?
The way the device is setup, we have to use the RAM 1500 page, the Jeep page doesn't seem to have the Eco on it (even though it uses the same ECM) - this is the way the manufacturer of the Powergate has set it up.

·
Registered
28 Posts
The way the device is setup, we have to use the RAM 1500 page, the Jeep page doesn't seem to have the Eco on it (even though it uses the same ECM) - this is the way the manufacturer of the Powergate has set it up.
Weird - on mine it was setup as Jeep and worked. It had the correct ECM number under Jeep.

61 - 66 of 66 Posts