Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have this EGR recall done? Dealer told me there’s a couple other flashes that have to be done. Anyone know anything about theres? Any issues after? Any improvements?

·
Registered
2016 WK2 Summit EcoD
263 Posts
The EGR cooler recall has nothing to do with the AEM recall, more than likely you have some outstanding recalls related to the AEM that your dealer is saying would be done with the EGR cooler replacement.

You can use the recall search on the Mopar website to get more details. Lookup FCA Vehicle Recalls by VIN | Official Mopar® Site

Our EcoD had the EGR cooler replaced some time back due to the dealer thinking it was leaking, they installed the same EGR cooler as the Ram has been getting and we recently received a letter from Mopar stating we didn't need the EGR cooler recall performed since the service records show the updated part has already been installed.

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
I have avoided all AEM updates and the EGR recall since the original AEM recall, as I have the original old GDE tune and none of the updates or the EGR change is worth the chance of losing that tune. Jeep runs as good as it ever has in its life, Just did 1400 miles in 2 days...28 mpg at 80-85 MPH and 650 mile range. Can only hope the DMax comes close....
Currently my JEEP is for sale as I am moving on to Denali Dmax.

Reactions: ferntree

·
Registered
297 Posts
I have avoided all AEM updates and the EGR recall since the original AEM recall, as I have the original old GDE tune and none of the updates or the EGR change is worth the chance of losing that tune. Jeep runs as good as it ever has in its life, Just did 1400 miles in 2 days...28 mpg at 80-85 MPH and 650 mile range. Can only hope the DMax comes close....
That's why I'm so glad I bit the bullet and got the old GDE on a separate PCM. Only takes about 5 minutes to change back to stock for dealer visits. Ignoring recalls could complicate resale.

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Not really, I gave my dealer and CarMax both my VIN number. They both know the status and could have cared less whether the latest things were done or not. They actually want it pretty badly, but I found a private party who is looking like they are going to give me even more...

·
Registered
85 Posts
Dealer has it in stock and is I working on it now apparently. Then they’ll have to complete another flash to the PCM.
Just dropped mine off and the dealer said it ''also involves a software update''.

Interestingly he said the system gets pressure tested and that determines how many parts get replaced. I'm wondering if that is true?

·
Registered
152 Posts
I love my denali hd with the 6.6 duramax.

·
Registered
2016 WK2 Summit EcoD
263 Posts
Just dropped mine off and the dealer said it ''also involves a software update''.
Unrelated, you have incomplete AEM recalls. EGR cooler requires no software updates. The only other work related to the EGR cooler recall is the inspection and possible replacement of the intake manifold if there are signs of thermal damage caused by a failing EGR cooler.

Interestingly he said the system gets pressure tested and that determines how many parts get replaced. I'm wondering if that is true?
The cooling system should be pressure tested regardless to ensure there are no leaks after replacing the EGR cooler and messing with other cooling system components in the process. The intake manifold is the only other part that would be replaced as mentioned above but only if the inspection shows that it's damaged. That wouldn't involve any kind of pressure test.

·
Registered
152 Posts
To be fair, they are a nice truck. Sorry.
I car pool or catch the bus to work.... I don't work to drive. My 2012 has been pretty built proof.... I would rather buy an over built truck then not enough. I paid it off 3-4 years. Can't complain 10 year warranty I paid for. Not as nice as a dodge of that vintage but no tranny issues. Not being rude. Just honest. No hard feelings. My uncle has a Laramie nice. 2011, no dpf fluid. I think all 3 make nice high end trucks. Hell the best I got was 22mpg from Tucson to phx. But held its value...

20210504_183417.jpg
20210504_183432.jpg
20210504_183403.jpg
20210504_183339.jpg
20210504_183309.jpg
20210504_183258.jpg
20210504_183719.jpg
20210502_124024.jpg

·
Registered
2016 WK2 Summit EcoD
263 Posts
Mmmmk...

·
Registered
152 Posts
The truck made me look at a diesel for my wife. I love the tq/hp and fuel economy of my dmax for what it is. The jeep was perfect and she switched jobs and started adding miles so the jeep was perfect. I do all my own maint on both.
20210505_165059.jpg
20210505_165013.jpg
20210505_165030.jpg
20210505_165214.jpg

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
My wife drives an F Pace 20D Diesel. It gets 30 mpg in town and 40+ on the hwy. Its a little Slow, but pays in spades on mileage. Very happy with it. Also isn't made any longer...

·
Registered
152 Posts
My wife drives an F Pace 20D Diesel. It gets 30 mpg in town and 40+ on the hwy. Its a little Slow, but pays in spades on mileage. Very happy with it. Also isn't made any longer...
Those are nice.... I like them. When the jeep goes, I am thinking alfa romeo stelvio.... like looks or the car.....

·
Registered
995 Posts
1 - 20 of 21 Posts