Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2017 GC Altitude AWD 3.6L. So, the only shocks/struts it seems like you can get if you don't want to lower or raise the vehicle are Eibach E60-51-017-01-01 for the rears and the Eibach E60-51-021-02-10 / E60-51-021-03-10 for the fronts. Any other choices that anyone knows of? And anybody have the Eibach's without lowering springs or height increase that can attest to their ride/handling characteristics. My current GC has only 43K miles, and the rear shocks definitely feel shot.

·
Registered
462 Posts
I have a 2017 GC Altitude AWD 3.6L. So, the only shocks/struts it seems like you can get if you don't want to lower or raise the vehicle are Eibach E60-51-017-01-01 for the rears and the Eibach E60-51-021-02-10 / E60-51-021-03-10 for the fronts. Any other choices that anyone knows of? And anybody have the Eibach's without lowering springs or height increase that can attest to their ride/handling characteristics. My current GC has only 43K miles, and the rear shocks definitely feel shot.
Interesting . . . without looking up THAT p/n on Eibach, and no further details on your 2017 WK2, I'll add this - My Thread on the Eibach Lift/Level Kit for my 2016 (75th) V6 Trail Rated with tow Package, E80-51-021-02-22, is indicated as being Good for the 2016 & 2017 of same build (as indicated) and conventional suspension.
Spoke with Tanner @ Eibach this morning and confirmed it IS in Stock and that even THEY (at Corona Eibach) could do the install, or any # of other Dealers - most in California. Good "excuse" for a (wanted) road trip come Spring and Road & Off-Road Test the new Kit Install. Some cool #2-4 Jeep trails in all parts of California. It is a mild Springs & Shocks Kit, fore & aft. Get a Retired Military (Navy in my case) Parts Discount - from $1045 to $750.
Install (at Eibach would be $400. I'll do more research on installers come Late Winter/early Spring when I'm ready to "do it" ! Too New to have any feedback, but my gut reaction based on Their Long History and other Product reviews - all highly rated, I choose Eibach over the other limited choices . Mine is a front 2" lift & rear 0.5" lift - Leveling up the WK2 and making it more off-road worthy. More or less instilling MY mind with confidence in the vehicles ability to "perform" better in "dicy" situations; assuming all else is up to snuff; i.e. tires + !

·
Registered
Grand Cherokee
2,674 Posts
I looked up the photos for the Eibach Shocks, even on Eibach's own website the photo of the shock does not have the tab for the swaybar end link welded on it....
But they do have different part numbers for left and right front shocks.... ....which would support they do have the tab, they need to have the tab on opposite sides of the shocks.... ...before 2016 it was one shock for both sides, just turned around, you can't do that with the tab, it has to face forward so its welded on different sides....

·
Registered
462 Posts
I looked up the photos for the Eibach Shocks, even on Eibach's own website the photo of the shock does not have the tab for the swaybar end link welded on it....
But they do have different part numbers for left and right front shocks.... ....which would support they do have the tab, they need to have the tab on opposite sides of the shocks.... ...before 2016 it was one shock for both sides, just turned around, you can't do that with the tab, it has to face forward so its welded on different sides....
Thanks, again . . . I knew that, from another of your postings, but I neglected to ask ! I will call Tanner back tomorrow and Inquire about these "tabs" ! I will report back "here" after.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Thanks, again . . . I knew that, from another of your postings, but I neglected to ask ! I will call Tanner back tomorrow and Inquire about these "tabs" ! I will report back "here" after.
Did you ever find out if the tabs are on the 2016/2017 MY kit?

thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts