Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello, I had a quick question. i recently installed Eibach pro kit on my 2014 Grand cherokee laredo. After driving the jeep i notice this weird clunk noise or rattle noise on the rear and i was wondering if its because i didnt install the isolators from the OEM springs on to the new springs. Anything will help i did come across people saying its the rear links but im not sure that will cause that noise. Thank you in advance.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I am having the same issue. Had Eibachs installed on my 2017 GC about 2 months ago, and the rear rattle has gotten louder and louder. Mine is coming from the passenger corner. I have checked every nut and bolt underneath, and have even taken out every interior panel just to eliminate that possibility.
My rattle is definitely metal on metal, and sounds like it would be easy to locate, but I cannot find it to save my life. Could it be the rear shock mounting plate, like the earlier (2013-2015) GC's???

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Found my problem, the rear passenger side bolt to the shock was not tighten all the way. But now I notice another weird noise on the front passenger side but not as loud as the rear so now I'm just going to inspect everything and find that problem. Appreciate the help

Sent from my iPhone using JeepGarage

1 - 5 of 5 Posts