Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, at the beginning of this year, I got a service 4wd light on my Grand Cherokee WK2 Summit 2015 (diesel engine). I went to a dealer and he told me that I need to replace the rear differential motor part. I am based in Europe, and the new one costs over 1.000 €. It's manufactured by Nidec in Poland and OEM part number is 68214628AA. I decided to go with a cheaper route and I bought this motor from a Chinese seller through aliexpress. He advertised it as the "68214628AA" part and I sent him my VIN number and he confirmed back to me, that this part is suitable for my car. Long story short, he sent me a part that looks almost the same but there is no way it will fit into my car! The distance between flange holes is different (it is 0.5cm more on each side) so they are completely out of alignment. Also, this part comes with 2 different cables so the wiring is completely different.

I wonder, are there 2 different ELSD motors? Can you guys tell what this black part really is? The seller still claims that he sold me the 68214628AA part which corresponds with the VIN number of my car. If he is right then I wonder why it doesn't fit into my car?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,467 Posts
are there any markings on the new unit you got?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The embossed number is : 0003975271000320181130...there are no other numbers, marks on this chinese part.

I ve just found this number on a package from Fedex: 68084266AB... so I am pretty sure now its not 68214628AA as seller claims!

Attachments

·
Registered
170 Posts
There are two different motors but my first thought is to send the new one back and ask them to send the other (if they have it?!).

There's a member on here who has one of the other variety that they got by mistake. He may well be along soon....

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I don't think he has the right part, he still advertises it on his site as 68214628AA:

for example, this is the right part I need:

...unfortunately, Alibaba won't sell a single item, you need to buy at least a dozen of those

·
Registered
Jeep Grand Cherokee WK2 3.0 CRD 2011 Overland
33 Posts
Servus kolega. Už si predajcovi na Aliexprese potvrdil dodanie? Ak nie, otvor spor pošli Aliexpresu všetky podklady a žiadaj späť peniaze. Tá prírubka motorovej časti by nepasovala na starý diel? Vieš, že by si urobil z 2 motorov 1.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Servus kolega. Už si predajcovi na Aliexprese potvrdil dodanie? Ak nie, otvor spor pošli Aliexpresu všetky podklady a žiadaj späť peniaze. Tá prírubka motorovej časti by nepasovala na starý diel? Vieš, že by si urobil z 2 motorov 1.
Zdravím krajana! Otvoril som spor, a aliexpres mi uznal pravdu a ponúkol odškodnenie. Ešte však neviem, ako prinútiť predajcu aby zaplatil za poštovne späť do Číny?

Uvidím ako to celé skončí s čínskym predajcom...Nevieš náhodou poradiť, kde sa da tento motor kúpiť za nižšiu cenu ako 1000€? Zatiaľ som našiel najlepšiu ponuku od poliaka za 2.000 zl:
...podľa foto vyzerá byt nový

·
Premium Member
1,467 Posts
This is that other part number:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yes, I am pretty sure this is the part that I received, so it is not suitable for my car at all!

I still wonder I put my VIN in this site:

...and I searched for 68214628AA part. The first diagram clearly shows the 68214628AA part with 10-pin socket (it fits my car perfectly), but the second diagram shows a part that looks similar to 68084266AB, with 2 separate cables.
Is it just a wrong diagram picture?

Attachments

·
Registered
2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee EcoDiesel Summit 4x4
9 Posts
Hello BN-Yukon, I had the same service 4wd light for my '15 JGC Ecodiesel 4x4 in Texas

Appeared a week or two after purchase last August with 49k miles. Intermittent though. Dealer replaced the ELSD motor, thought it was fixed. But service light came back on after 2k miles, from every 2/10 starts to like every 8/10. Dealer created a STAR where it was recommended to replace the whole rear diff assembly as there was an internal short. From what they said, the electronics in the rear diff are "not serviceable." 4wd light no longer appears.

Just in case this might help any, here's quoting from the service invoice a few months ago:
---
Qty 1 - 68214628AA MOTOR KIT-AXLE
Qty 1 - 5150734AE MODULE-ELECTRONIC LIMITED SLIP DIF
Qty 1 - 68184737AB DIFFERENT-REAR AXLE

7.80 FOUND CODE C148F-1D REAR DIFF MOTOR CIRCUIT OUT OF RANGE. INSPECTED WIRING AND WAS OK. WAS GETTING POWER AND GROUND. DETERMINED THAT MOTOR FOR REAR DIFF WAS INTERNALLY SHORTED. ALSO SERVICE INFORMATION STATED THAT IT IS RECOMMENDED TO REPLACE MOTOR FIRST THEN MODULE IF ISSUE IS NOT FIXED....REPLACED BOTH PARTS. STAR RECOMMENDED TO REPLACE REAR DIFF ASSEMBLY DUE TO INTERNAL FAILURE.
---

1 - 10 of 10 Posts