Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Going to sell my 2015 JGC Limited 4WD EcoDiesel. I had all the emissions recalls, updates done.

If I sell it, does the extended emissions warranty stay with the vehicle, or will the next owner be able to use it if needed down the road.

JGC has approx. 43,500 miles

·
Registered
2014 Grand Cheroker Overland ATG ORAII
1,418 Posts
AFAIAA, it is transferable.

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Phil, FYI, I sold my travel trailer last week using Craigslist. Sold in 4 hours and had 3 offers.

The reason I bought the Ecodiesel was for towing and it did a great job. Other than the emissions B.S. it's been a great vehicle.

So it's on to something different. Not sure what direction I'm going, maybe a German SUV, performance car, new Bronco Sport, etc. Lots of options on the table and it won't be a hasty decision.

Anyone else out there who can confirm the emissions warranty transfers with the vehicle?

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
Hey wireman,
Just went through that myself. We sold our travel trailer earlier this year in 24hrs!!! Paid what we had it up for, no haggling :) !
I agree....we love it but don't trust the ED motor (EGR system) and the damned emissions crap. It has turned out to be the vehicle we hate to love and, occasionally, love to hate!!
We are just doing "destination" road trips now and we've (I have :) !) narrowed it down to either the Genesis G70 sedan (I want, wifey is neutral!), the upcoming GV70 SUV or the 2022 Hyundai Santa Fe with the 2.5L turbo motor. I drove the G70 with the 3.3L turbo (new 3.5L motor coming down the pike) and was really impressed with it :) !

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Did you sell the Eco yet? Still trying to figure out a fair price as I may try to sell it myself.

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
Nah. We are waiting until next year, as the Genesis 2022 models will be out then. The dealer I bought it from offered me 15k for mine sight unseen and ours is loaded up with everything except the rear video. We live in ranch country and I do have a couple of private buyers interested in it but havent pursued a "deal" as yet.
I will probably try a local private sale first before going to a dealer.......

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Going to Car Max and the local Jeep dealer today to see what they would offer me. Probably will laugh in their faces with the low ball offers but just want to get an idea where to start.

Read somewhere a few days ago that used car prices are up 10% over the last month.

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
I thought about trading it, but realistically you are only going to get 12-15k max. All trade in values are 100% based on what these vehicles bring at auction, Eco’s are rare and not in a good way and prob not a vehicle that is in high demand used...All of these places, even carmax, knows what it is....
Worth more to me to keep as a spare vehicle to beat around in till the AEM warranty is up ...

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
FYI, I only have about 43800 miles on it. Just got back from CarMax. $21,000 offer good for 7 days.

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
Well that is good for you, no doubt that mileage is in your favor... Personally I'd jump on that to just be able to walk away. I guarantee you if I was offered anything near that, I'd take it in a minute !

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I had 3 other appraisal's to buy the Jeep outright. 1 from the Jeep dealer for $19K, 1 from the Ford dealer for $19500. And 1 from a Mercedes dealer for $21K, matching CarMax.

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well the ECO is gone. Decide to take the offer from CarMax for $21,000.

I did have an email from Vroom yesterday and there offer was $22,400. I didn't feel comfortable letting them take my vehicle and waiting a few days to get paid.

I guess they are a legit company but not my way of doing business.

The JGC Eco was a great vehicle for towing and comfortable to drive. I just got tired of the emissions B.S., and the updates that really haven't made a difference. This last one was suppose to make the regen's less frequent. Monitoring with my Scan Gauge they are still occurring every 200 miles or so just like before.

Still some turbo lag and weird shifting when cold. It ran great before the emissions scandal as far as I'm concerned.

·
Registered
2014 JGC Overland
112 Posts
Well the ECO is gone. Decide to take the offer from CarMax for $21,000.

I did have an email from Vroom yesterday and there offer was $22,400. I didn't feel comfortable letting them take my vehicle and waiting a few days to get paid.

I guess they are a legit company but not my way of doing business.

The JGC Eco was a great vehicle for towing and comfortable to drive. I just got tired of the emissions B.S., and the updates that really haven't made a difference. This last one was suppose to make the regen's less frequent. Monitoring with my Scan Gauge they are still occurring every 200 miles or so just like before.

Still some turbo lag and weird shifting when cold. It ran great before the emissions scandal as far as I'm concerned.
I'm looking to do the same. Just got mine back from the dealer for a manifold & fuel line replacement (120k emission warrantee). I have 87k, and am thinking I can get $15k with fingers crossed.

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Good luck on your selling adventure. I can say selling to CarMax was painless. Gave them the title and they did all the DMV paperwork.

Was out of there in 20 minutes.

·
4WL TREK-er — so many trails, so little time
2016 JGC CRD
1,692 Posts
Good luck on your selling adventure. I can say selling to CarMax was painless. Gave them the title and they did all the DMV paperwork.

Was out of there in 20 minutes.
Wow, that's really fast for a sale. Nice to know. Good luck in your new direction, wireman.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts