Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Grand Cherokee SRT/2006 Grand Cherokee Overland
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. This is a shot in the dark, but I thought I’d at least pose the problem/question.

I have a 2005 GC Overland 5.7 and “would be thieves” attempted to steal it a few months back. Apparently I left the vehicle unlocked so there was no breaking and entering. They cut wires under the hood apparently dealing with the security system. My mechanic patched it up the best that he could, but the problems persist to this day.
Problem 1-
The main problem is that I cannot turn the Jeep off unless I want to wait an hour to 1.5 hours to turn it back on. It will start for about 2 seconds and shut itself off if I try it before then.
Problem 2-
Once it does start, when I pause or come to a stop, all the warning lights come on, a/c shuts off, speedometer, tachometer, temp gage all stop working. If I’m driving normal with no acceleration, it defaults to normal driving conditions.
I am at my wits end. Wherever I go, I have to plan on being there for 1.5 hours or keep it running. It’s just a matter of time before it’s stolen. Any thoughts?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts