Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

221 - 240 of 248 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,229 Posts
Re: New led for your tails!

Yes the new ones are no joke and really work - brighter/more vivid red and no issues.

To avoid confusion - this is the listing for brake/tail:
True Error Free Red 3157 Brake / Tail / Turn Signal LEDs Fits: Jeep Grand Cherokee & SRT models | deAutoLED
So....have these been actually tested in MY11-MY13 for "error free" and "no hyperflashing"? I had to return the previous version(s) of the 3157 for my MY12 and go back to the OEM lamps for the brake/turn/tails which are considerably "dimmer" than the deAutoLED lamps in my hatch tails. Obviously, I'm a little gun-shy at this point. ;)

·
Vendor
538 Posts
Discussion Starter #222 (Edited)
Re: New led for your tails!

So....have these been actually tested in MY11-MY13 for "error free" and "no hyperflashing"? I had to return the previous version(s) of the 3157 for my MY12 and go back to the OEM lamps for the brake/turn/tails which are considerably "dimmer" than the deAutoLED lamps in my hatch tails. Obviously, I'm a little gun-shy at this point. ;)
You are talking about something from early last year right? Those have been phased out while bright and ahead of its time we worked on a new model that is much better. Just like iphone/apple we stay ahead of technology.

So right now for sale are an all brand new setups and work in all models without issue.

You can try but did you try anything else and did it work? So far the team and their LEDs are the only one that works in all models without issue and without the coding or extra resistors tapped into your wires.

Let us know.

Thanks

·
Super Moderator
8,229 Posts
I'm asking if the latest version was actually tested in the MY11-MY13 because I had enough of the experimentation last time with multiple swap-outs, etc., and nearly getting pulled over by LE on a road trip because of one suddenly becoming intermittent. MY11-MY13 was never intended to support LED so it's touchy for this particular lamp location/function. I like your product and they are indeed very bright. I want some assurance I'm not going to be doing the same dance again before I put out the money and the time.

·
Vendor
538 Posts
Discussion Starter #224
I'm asking if the latest version was actually tested in the MY11-MY13 because I had enough of the experimentation last time with multiple swap-outs, etc., and nearly getting pulled over by LE on a road trip because of one suddenly becoming intermittent. MY11-MY13 was never intended to support LED so it's touchy for this particular lamp location/function. I like your product and they are indeed very bright. I want some assurance I'm not going to be doing the same dance again before I put out the money and the time.
Yes and understand your concern. You had a bad experience.

At the end it would be up to you to try as so far it worked well but the others did to and you had a one-off issue. While we saw the other model have no issues you did have one.

So far in long testing no problem with new model and brighter - again up to you and feel it will work out but we can help if not as always.

Thanks

·
Super Moderator
8,229 Posts
So far in long testing no problem with new model and brighter - again up to you and feel it will work out but we can help if not as always.
So does this mean you have or have not tested these new 3157 equivalent lamps in a MY11-MY13 Grand Cherokee? That's been my specific question...

·
Vendor
538 Posts
Discussion Starter #227
Perfect, thank you! I've sent an email.
Thanks. PM your email here to so I can make sure they see it.

So does this mean you have or have not tested these new 3157 equivalent lamps in a MY11-MY13 Grand Cherokee? That's been my specific question...
Sorry I was confused. Not your specific car with the same setup :( but similar 2012/13 models that took 3157 and no problems to report.

·
Registered
2011 WK2 limited
46 Posts
Does anyone know where or if i can get just the bulbs for the inner portion of the tails on a MY2011? I got them last year but it was part of the kit. I just need the inners as on went out last week. Still not having any hyperflashing so thats a plus.

·
Super Moderator
8,229 Posts
This vendor has them, Bentley...I'm running them and they are indeed bright.

·
Premium Member
1,841 Posts
And they will promptly send out replacements; they did for me for one that went bad on our Outback. They gave me the choice of sending in the bad one for free replacement and free shipping, or just paying $7 shipping for immediate shipping of a new pair – and mind you, this was 13 months after original purchase. Great customer service!

·
Registered
2011 WK2 limited
46 Posts
Oh i totally agree, they have really good customer service. I just cant seem to find just a set of the inner tail light bulbs on the website. Ill reach out.

TY

·
Registered
2014 GC/Overland V8
3,277 Posts
Oh i totally agree, they have really good customer service. I just cant seem to find just a set of the inner tail light bulbs on the website. Ill reach out.

TY

Yeah I know what you mean, I recently purchased a 2015 Jeep Patriot altitude and they can’t tell me what bulbs i currently have that are stock so that I can replace the tails,reverse and headlight bulbs. I’m surprised that basic info isn’t available to them and I’m unsure of the answers prior to possibly ordering from them.

·
Vendor
538 Posts
Discussion Starter #233
LEDs for your jeep brake - we have it all :)

TY
Yeah I know what you mean, I recently purchased a 2015 Jeep Patriot altitude and they can’t tell me what bulbs i currently have that are stock so that I can replace the tails,reverse and headlight bulbs. I’m surprised that basic info isn’t available to them and I’m unsure of the answers prior to possibly ordering from them.
It is best to confirm as it varies so much but we have the same bulb model that philips/osram uses and all will say to confirm as it is not 100% accurate.

If it is the 921 we have this model and someone just ordered a set.

Please email the team and confirm so they can help: [email protected]

Or it is here (921/194):
Universal Brake/Tail LEDs Fits: All Car Models | deAutoLED

3157:
True Error Free Red 3157 Brake / Tail / Turn Signal LEDs Fits: Jeep Grand Cherokee & SRT models | deAutoLED

all LEDs:
Shop by Car Model - Jeep :: (All Years + Trims) | deAutoLED

·
Registered
JGC Altittude
1,245 Posts
Interested in these reverse leds.

·
Vendor
538 Posts
Discussion Starter #236
Ordered. Thanks for the help.
Thanks for the support. Keep us updated!

Interested in these reverse leds.
Yes the reverse are amazing - the 7440 has a projector on the end and are some of the brightest diode chips.

The 921 for being a small bulb has been tested over and over as one of the brightest on the market even vs ones that look "similar" to our kit.
Shop by Car Model - Jeep :: (All Years + Trims) | deAutoLED

You will really light up large area with these reverse and if you have a car with a reverse camera it is a must have.

:)

221 - 240 of 248 Posts