Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, my car get excessively hot inside, especially the driver's side, around my feet area close to the accelerator. Once I put off my engine and return after a few minutes, the heat circulates and the vehicle will be so hot. What could be the possible causes of this excessive heating?

·
Registered
Grand Cherokee
3,015 Posts
This is the WK2 forum (2011-Current Jeep Grand Cherokee), the site is divided up by platform, you'll probably get a better response if you posted in the Platform forum that is for 2003 Jeep Liberty.

I'm guessing you're outside the U.S. and english is not your first language, you description is a little hard to follow. It sounds like you're vehicle's HVAC (Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning) is putting out more heat than you want. Usually the air blend doors get jammed, out of index/misaligned or the motor that drives them fail. So despite what you set for the vehicle temp, the air blend doors don't move to the proper position and instead direct the most air through the heater core to make it hotter than you desire. You're going to have to troubleshoot the air blend doors and the HVAC system, find the problem and repair it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts