Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy from Tasmania, Australia!
I thought I would ask the experts on this one as many different opinions.
I have 2011 JGC Overland 5.7 Hemi. I have an exhaust manifold leak,possible broken studs on both sides.
My questions;
Best gaskets/ studs?
Options for headers/extractors? Bolt on no mods required.
I want this to be a fix that isn't going to reoccur in 6/12 months.
So who has done it with good results?
Thanks so much in advance for your help!

·
Registered
799 Posts
Sorry to hear that you've suffered the busted exhaust stud problem that many of us have. Take a look at this post of mine from a few months ago where I listed out all the newest grade 8 studs and hardware available fom Jeep that were used earlier this year on my '15 hemi. Fortunately mine was done under MaxCare warranty. Not sure if your AU version uses the same parts but I suspect it may. The important thing is that the newest hardware is supposedly stronger grade 8 now.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry to hear that you've suffered the busted exhaust stud problem that many of us have. Take a look at this post of mine from a few months ago where I listed out all the newest grade 8 studs and hardware available fom Jeep that were used earlier this year on my '15 hemi. Fortunately mine was done under MaxCare warranty. Not sure if your AU version uses the same parts but I suspect it may. The important thing is that the newest hardware is supposedly stronger grade 8 now.

You wouldn't happen to know if there are any shorty headers available for the Hemi? Mine is 2011 5.7.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.