Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

Exhuast Crimp Removed

6K views 14 replies 8 participants last post by  jim383 
#1 · (Edited)
Just got the notorious exhaust crimp removed from my exhaust. Took plenty of pictures as the exhaust shop I found allows you to stay with the vehicle and check out the work being done. ( RJ's Custom Piping - Raleigh, NC )

Not sure if I will have anything to report on the fix but hopefully it will cut down on the MDS drone and give a little better throttle response as others have said. I get a terrible drone when using ACC with ECO on and set to 80-84 MPH. Exhaust is still stock for now as well.

Exhuast Crimp Removal Pics

#2 ·
#3 ·

#6 ·
Yup there is a small bolt above the crimp. It was said the crimp was to provide access to the bolt during the build process...

#7 ·
There was a comment on the other site that the SRT engineers tuned the exhuast with the crimp factored in so maybe it can stay... but its out of mine now. I will keep you guys posted on my experiences...

#10 ·
The "hum" is quieter to me so far. Will be taking a trip to the mountains starting Saturday so I will really know of any changes after the new year...

Stay Tuned.

#12 ·
Looks like another mod to add to the list come spring!

#14 ·
I noticed that as well however I'm not too worried about the slight difference as it is better than the restriction that would be caused by the crimp.

I'm sure someone with more knowledge of welding and exhaust fab can explain the reason for the different size...

#15 ·
On my 07 and 2012 i noticed that the passenger side exhaust tips are a lot cooler and there is less exhaust coming out of them than the drivers side exhaust at idle and at 2000 rpm. The srt guys said there tuned that way so im guessing its all done inside the muffler.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.