Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
I wanted the 8 year warranty but my stupid sales person said I could only get 6 years.
Can I get my Chrysler maxcare extended to 8 years?
Do we have a vendor that we support in this forum?

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have Mechanical Breakdown Insurance on my auto insurance policy with Geico. I pay $34.56 every six months. I haven't needed to use it yet though.

Mechanical Breakdown Insurance covers many mechanical repairs to your car, protecting you from expensive repair bills. This coverage is only available for vehicles with less than 15,000 miles that have been purchased within the last 15 months. A $250 deductible per claim applies. Mechanical Breakdown Insurance is similar to a dealer's extended warranty protection. It's in excess of coverage provided by the manufacturer's warranty.

It covers the Engine, Steering, Air Conditioning, Transmission, Cooling, Brakes, Drive Axle, Suspension, and Electrical.

EXCLUSIONS: MBI does not include regular maintenance services such as tune-ups, suspension alignment, wheel balancing, filters, lubrication, coolant and fluids, spark plugs, brake pads and lining, brake shoes and tires (includes tire wear and/or tire damage). Breakdown repairs made necessary by intentional damage, rust and oxidation, misuse, or improper maintenance are not covered. Mechanical Breakdown coverage is in excess of coverage provided by the manufacturer's warranty.

·
Premium Member
SRT8
2,259 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Any difference between "Chryslerfactoryplans.com" and "Chryslerwarrantydirect.com"? Using the quick quote the second one comes up with better prices.

·
Super Moderator
8,333 Posts
Different retailers who can set prices as they see fit...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thank you. I found the warranty I bought through the dealer was third party. I will be canceling that and looking for another through Ziegler. They were similar or slightly more than what I paid at the dealer. When do most people generally purchase a warranty? Is it ultimately recommended with the newer vehicles?

·
Super Moderator
8,333 Posts
Folks who purchase an extended service contract (which is what these are) do so because they prefer to insure against expensive repairs on more complex systems. The also come into play for folks who put on a lot of miles and would run out of OEM warranty very quickly...I used to be an example of that prior to my retirement. The cost gets a little higher once the vehicle reaches 12 mos or 12K miles (whichever comes first) so lowest cost, even when discounted, is to buy within that initial period. The "new vehicle" Maximum Care contracts are no longer available to you once the JGC reaches 48 mos/48K miles, whichever comes first. The Mopar plans also have some added benefits, such as a loaner/rental should the vehicle need to be kept for service and that feature starts on day one, even when the OEM warranty is still in effect. Make sure you understand that the time and mileage for the contract is from when the vehicles goes into service, not from when you buy it. So a 6 year, 100K mile contract means 6 years from when the JGC was titled or when the odometer reaches 100K miles, whichever comes first. The deductible, if any, doesn't come into play until your OEM warranty expires.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I just purchased a 14 summit with hemi with a very extensive maintenance record. Oil changes on time. Engine mounts, and hvac motor replaced already. Coolant, steering and brake fluid flushed already. Truck was very well taken care of. It shows too.

It currently has 94k miles. I was quoted $3,135 to extend it out 2 years thru Zeigler.

Also quoted $2699 through Carchex for a 3/36 bumper to bumper extension.

What would you guys recommend? This is my first FCA product and I am somewhat mechanically inclined as well as have 2 very good local mechanic shops. So not dependant on dealer scams.

Is it worth the price?

·
Super Moderator
8,333 Posts
Is it worth the price?
Only you can determine that, but a "post-warranty" service contract is a pretty expensive thing. I personally wouldn't buy it while I would absolutely have purchased the regular Mopar Maximum Care extended service contract prior to the expiry of the 48/48K demarcation.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts