Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've done a lot of reading about extended warranties and I have a couple of questions. I apologize if I missed the answers during my searches.

1.) Are there any 'new' coupon codes to be used with any of the warranty sellers? Obviously I'm shopping all he suggested ones on this forum
2.) What is the suggestion for when to purchase an extended warranty? Upon the initial purchase? After you reach 12,000 miles? Other indicator? My intent was to get the 125,000 mile / 8 year with $100-$200 deductible.

Thanks

·
Registered
299 Posts
I have never seen any coupon codes for extended warranties, at least on the Mopar MaxCare ones. Third party versions might be different but I would never buy a third party extended warranty, after reading many horror stories of them no longer in business after a few years.

We purchased a 2020 Rubicon Recon last week and my intent is to get an 8 year MaxCare plan for it. I called Tom Winkels, my super low price MaxCare warranty go-to person, and he reminded me that there's no price change for the first 12,000 miles if I want to wait a bit. I have a lot of money tied up on a down payment, so I'm going to do that.

Remember, it doesn't matter when you buy a MaxCare extended warranty as far as how long it will last. The warranty begins based on the date the vehicle was first put in service.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, that is mostly what I'd gleaned from the other posts on here, that the pricing for the MaxCare did not change for the first 12,000 miles. I did read that there were some aspects of the warranty that were "nice" to have as concurrent coverage. Just didn't know if it was truly worth it. I'm unlikely to put in 12,000 miles in the first year ... but ya never know.

There were locations on a couple of the websites for the warranties where coupon codes could be used and codes were provided in some of the older posts on here. One worked for me, but the other codes I found were expired. Didn't know if anyone had "new" codes. Always looking for the best deal !!!

·
Registered
53 Posts
I've still yet to find anywhere cheaper than chryslerwarrantydirect.com. My dealer did match their price, but told me that was his cost (no idea if they might get any rebates from FC). I would definitely get it before you hit 12K miles.

·
Super Moderator
8,616 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
For what its worth, my Jeep dealer uses these folks.
Told they underwrite for Lexus and others, did not check into that.
Just purchased a 20 Trailhawk and compared a couple dealers, this was the best of the options I found.
6 years, 72000 miles, 100$ deductible, $1440ish.
I guess I'll find out how good they are if I have to use them.

·
Registered
48 Posts
interested in any codes you found and where they apply.

I was looking new, but due to costs am looking used. found a certified used just short of years of service and 150 miles short of 36k and would love to get the MOPAR service contract set up prior to going over 36,000 if I get the GC.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts