Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Jeep SRT8
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I received the fastman throttle body today, cannot say enough good things about it. The work is top notch and there was an absolute difference in performance. fyi: i already had the Henessey CAI installed.

here is the difference that i noticed. for science sake i was not trying to get the best 0-60, but rather a consisted one. so my stock run i just put the truck in sport mode and simply slammed the gas. i did not do manual shifting as this might alter the 0-60 time and be less consisted. so this morning in 46 degree weather i did 0-60 in 4.6 with no wheel spin and maybe a slight chirp of the tires 3 times. engine temp was 190 degrees.

i installed the fastman throttle body, drove the truck 3 times through out the day for short errands to get the truck accustomed to the TB. I then went to the same road, same, direction. and did 3 more 0-60 runs. engine temp was nearly identical 190 degrees which seems to be operating temp. i again put the truck in sport mode and attemped my first 0-60, epic fail, i ran a 4.8 and tires were spinning as well as traction control light came on. the truck then missed the shift and fuel cut off kicked on.

i then ran the truck a second time same road, etc and same experience. for the third try i kept the truck in sport and just shifted manualy. the truck ran 4.3 which is by far the fastest i have had out of the truck. there was still excessive wheel spin and traction control kicked in again. but there is no question the TB added significant power and second i am confident i could get 4.0-4.1 0-60 with the 2012 jeep.
hope this helps others in making a decision. i have posted 2 photos demonstrating the difference in the bore of the stock vs fastman TB.

Attachments

·
Administrator
2018 Jeep Trackhawk
56,919 Posts
yep....I have the same TB. So much more professional than the modern muscle one

·
Administrator
2018 Jeep Trackhawk
56,919 Posts
all the way through with a brand new blade to fit the opening

·
Registered
2012 Jeep SRT8
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
scott do u have a CAI? if so, what do u avg in the 0-60 with the set up?
chris

·
Administrator
2018 Jeep Trackhawk
56,919 Posts
I have the hennessey as well and my best 0-60 is 4.0 on a 20 degree morning, in track, TC off.....rev to 2000 rpm and drop the hammer

·
Registered
411 Posts
A.V.GSRT8 i can honestly tell you...this TB is worth the cost!
Thanks man! You running a tune of any kind? Only thing that has stopped me is is the TB just leaning your stock tune up or are you actually gaining hp. Dont want to spend the money when I can lean it up in my tune. Its gotta do something though, all I see is the 85mm on his site did you have to ask for the 87mm?

·
Registered
2012 Jeep SRT8
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i have not installed a tune as of yet. i bought the "805 oversized tb" i did it over the phone it was his only recommendation. i dont actually know what size it is.

·
Administrator
2018 Jeep Trackhawk
56,919 Posts
I bought a spare grill off of car-part.com and had it painted by scotts paint and perfromance here on the forums. BUT...you can get a new alpine grille from JG vendor justforjeeps.com Call them and ask for Peter.

·
Registered
221 Posts
If you are already running a custom tune; would this help provide anymore gains? I have the Hennessey CAI and ARH Headers/CAT Back Exhaust complete system. The Jeep was custom tuned on a dyno locally to ensure the air to fuel ratio was accurate. It's hard to find a good 0-60 test road here on Long Island, but my runs are usually between 4.3 and 4.4. Just in Sport mode smashing the gas; haven't tried shifting manually yet... If getting this will mess up my custom tune, not sure I would want to try it yet, unless I can understand what it is exactly improving over the stock.

·
Hank
Jeep GC
745 Posts
I put 87mm on and had diablotonna tune my trinity. How r the AR headers? Thinking about the headers and different cats from them??

·
Registered
221 Posts
I put 87mm on and had diablotonna tune my trinity. How r the AR headers? Thinking about the headers and different cats from them??
The ARH headers are freaking awesome. I had the entire setup installed which included the headers, high/flow cats, xpipe, resonators and ARH mufflers. You get to keep the stock tips on as well. The sound is great, hardly intrusive in my opinion. Very deep low growl and screams at wot. Custom tune along with this setup produced over 40 hp delta compared to baseline runs.

My question still remains, should I bother with a different TB?

·
Hank
Jeep GC
745 Posts
Any codes thrown with the whole setup. Throttle response is much better with the 87mm setup. U have any audio for the exhaust?

1 - 20 of 65 Posts