Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
FCA pricing voodoo

2019 Ram Rebel
- off road package $3100 (w/ELSD and air susp. options)
- 5.7 (395hp) $1,200
- drive ratio 3.92

2018 Jeep GC Limited
- off road package $2500 includes air susp., ELSD and similar features
- 5.7 (360hp) $3,300
- drive ratio 3.09

Jeep gouges for the V8 with less hp, wimpy axle ratio.

·
Registered
2017 Jeep GC Limited
50 Posts
Are you deciding between the two? Is the V-6 an engine option on the Rebel again? On the 16's the V-6 was available but thought they did away with that option in perhaps '17. I have the Hemi - WAY fun!

·
Registered
2018 GC Summit 4x4
1,555 Posts
The 2019 rams only have the V8 option available initially. The V6 and Diesel will be available later in the year. Also the E-Torque option for both the V6 and V8 will be available later in 2018

·
Registered
2017 Jeep GC Limited
50 Posts
Thanks - The new one looks nice. I am trying really hard not to be too interested in the new model. Unfortunately I tend to keep my trucks a long time and just purchased the Rebel a year and a half ago. Would like to trade my GC for a Ram but that is a few years away too as I just purchased the GC in July.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No, not deciding, just noting, and wishing for more hp in the GC. (I got my new GC w/5.7 three months ago. I love the V8, but it's hard to keep it above 20mpg.)

·
Registered
Grand Cherokee
4,429 Posts
All sorts of variables go into pricing, the least of which is what the actual equipment costs by itself. It might be priced to what it costs for that option for the production run they anticipate making for the particular vehicle.

The RAM truck might do far many production run's with the V8 than the Jeep, thus the cost is a lot less to offer the option.

As well, the auto industry does a fine balancing act pricing their veicles to sell the most and end up with the greatest overall contribution for all their vehicles, not a simple "the Hemi costs $3600 more than the V6 so that is what will charge for the Hemi option. Plenty of base model vehicle are sold below costs, and the top end models are inflated in price for a net overall gain.

And the lowest is not always the best for axle ratio, again the tire overall tire diameter and final drive ratio of the transmission.

·
Registered
68 Posts
No, not deciding, just noting, and wishing for more hp in the GC. (I got my new GC w/5.7 three months ago. I love the V8, but it's hard to keep it above 20mpg.)
Just got my new GC with the Hemi a few weeks ago and it appears I will only see 20mpg is if I only drive it down hill :lol:.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts