Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Jeep Trackhawk
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else driving in snow notice that when coming to a stop, the front parking sensors start to chime because of snow sticking to the front of the vehicle? Happened a few times on the way to work. Anyone else? Thanks

·
Registered
507 Posts
Normal. What happens is if the sensors get partially blocked they give a warning. If they get totally blocked with snow/ice they warn like crazy and then shut down automatically.
Drives me crazy on my Power Wagon last year. I had ice built up and once I cleaned it off, it still wouldn’t work and I thought it was broke. After some research I learned it requires a few miles before the sensors clear and begin to work again.

·
Registered
Michael
440 Posts
Is it the front wheel snow build up or front bumper camera covered in snow?

On my last truck sensors were in front bumper.

·
Registered
2018 Jeep Trackhawk
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys. Seems to be the front bumper sensors that were snow covered. I guess i could turn off the sensors when driving in snow if it gets too annoying? Any other way around the issue?

·
Registered
2015 Grand Cherokee
48 Posts
Thanks guys. Seems to be the front bumper sensors that were snow covered. I guess i could turn off the sensors when driving in snow if it gets too annoying? Any other way around the issue?
We have problems with snow and ice buildup on all our rigs with sensors. Only the rears have that problem. Certain weather will make snow and ice stick to anything. Up here, it is fairly dry but we do get the wet nasty snow too. Making the paint on the sensors as slick as possible with quality paint protection products will help. If you park in a garage, that is making it worse. Kind of like how snow sticks to a plastic shovel brought outside from the warm garage. You could pull it out, let it equalize temp for a few minutes, brush and go. For my problem, the only solution is constantly cleaning and or turning them off. On the back, the heat from the exhaust and the fine snow kicked up from driving just coats the entire rear of the jeep.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts