Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi Everyone!

Just wanted to drop by and introduce myself. I just picked up a 2017 Bright White Altitude last Thursday on my 22nd Birthday. My parent's currently have a 14 EcoDiesel with Lux II and 20" Wheels.

The MSRP was $37,090. The selling price was 33,790 minus 1,000 Conquest Rebate, and $500 SIMA Partnership (Snow & Ice Management Association)

I stumbled across the Grand Cherokee entirely by accident, I had been shopping around looking for something to replace my 2016 Mazda6. Not much had caught my eye and I thought I wanted a Volkswagen GTI. I was leaning towards a manual Autobahn hatchback. I liked it when I test drove it but quickly forgot about it after going home to think about it. The discounts on them where strong but the dealers aren't very transparent and by the time you added everything back in, it was more than what I thought the car was worth. I was hesitant to dump so much money in a Volkswagen given their current situation and poor resale. I began to think about a Golf R because they are immune to the typical Volkswagen resale value.

I came home from the gym last Wednesday night and saw that the Jeep dealer that my parent's GC came from had a 16 Golf R with 9k. My dad took the day off on my birthday and we stopped by to check on the extending the Chrysler Service Contract for my mom's car and take a look at the Golf (Great deal for diesels). While we were there we walked around and looked at GC's. I looked at a few 75th anniversary editions, but nothing really stood out to me. Little did I know I had walked past my new Altitude and not even payed attention to it. It never really had crossed my mind especially since my parents had one. On the way home my Dad was telling me how he wished I'd find something a little bigger and that he was worried about the safety of a GTI. I knew they weren't very receptive to the GTI and I respected and valued their opinion. I was on the dealer's website and noticed the Altitude. I checked it out and was surprised at the amount of equipment it offered for the price. We turned around and went to take a look at it. I immediately forgot about the GTI as soon as I drove it. The dealer made the strongest offer on trading in my Mazda6 and their Altitude seemed like a good deal. I was able to get out of my lease that I was going way over the mileage on after a year. I’ve worked at a Mazda dealer during the summer since I’ve been in college so I’ve spent the past 4 years driving Mazdas (14 Mazda6, 14 Mazda3(Totaled), 15 Mazda3 and 16 Mazda6). While Mazdas are good cars, I don’t think it was a brand I would have gone out and sought if I hadn’t worked there. Things like road noise and build quality issues are definitely their achilles heal.

So far I ABSOLUTELY love my Grand Cherokee. I never thought I’d own FCA product.

Some of my favorite things about it are the solid construction, smooth and quiet ride, Uconnect, and of course the looks. My first trip I took it on I averaged 27 MPG at 70-75 mph. I am averaging around 22 mpg in mixed driving which is the same as my 4 cylinder Mazda6. I’ll update the thread with a review on my first impressions when I get the time. I hope I didn’t bore everyone with my long story. Here's some pictures!
[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

·
Premium Member
2,437 Posts
Check the tire pressure. 27mpg @ 70-75mph on the first day is a little too good to be true.
Unless it's a 2WD.

They frequently are sloppy with dealer prep and leaving tires overinflated.

Bet ya there is 40+ lbs in the tires.

Congrats.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Check the tire pressure. 27mpg @ 70-75mph on the first day is a little too good to be true.
Unless it's a 2WD.

They frequently are sloppy with dealer prep and leaving tires overinflated.

Bet ya there is 40+ lbs in the tires.

Congrats.
It is actually a 2WD. We get around one snowfall a year and it's not really a necessity for what I'll be using it for.

and you're right the tires were overinflated, the front had around 40 and the rear was showing 39. I've got them all adjusted properly now. The first tank of fuel with 250 miles of highway driving and the rest around town hand calculated to 23.8.

·
Premium Member
293 Posts
Wow! Happy Birthday and Congrats!

Thanks for sharing the details of your find, I personally enjoyed hearing the story behind your finding your Altitude.

Enjoy!

·
Premium Member
Grand Cherokee
812 Posts
Welcome to the forum and congrats on the Jeep. Your gas mileage is right in line with what I'm getting. Eventually you may want to go with full synthetic and a dry flow air filter!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Wow! Happy Birthday and Congrats!

Thanks for sharing the details of your find, I personally enjoyed hearing the story behind your finding your Altitude.

Enjoy!
Thanks, I appreciate it!

Nice Rig!!!! Welcome aboard and congratulations.
Thank you, I love the color combination of your Overland! Indigo blue/brown is my favorite GC interior color.
just curious where do you live?
VA

Welcome to the forum and congrats on the Jeep. Your gas mileage is right in line with what I'm getting. Eventually you may want to go with full synthetic and a dry flow air filter!
Thanks, I'll have to check in to that. My first year of service in included by the dealer, but I'm sure I can pay the difference to go full synthetic.

Welcome to the Garage
Thank you!

Congrats on the new Jeep. I like the color combo. Had a similar setup but a 2015 High Altitude.
Thanks, the High Altitude is a nice rig.

·
4WL TREK-er — so many trails, so little time
2016 JGC CRD
1,581 Posts
Welcome to the JGC family, JT_Altitude. I too am a first time Jeep owner and I really love my rig.

Your white is very nice - nice color choice! :D And welcome to Jeep Garage.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts