Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all...my wife and I bought a 2014 GC for her last week and it's my first Jeep and first SUV. I've driven Camaro's all my life, and have found those forums to be useful for information and what not, so it looks like this forum is going to be handy too!

We picked up an Overland V6 4x4 and love it so far - True Blue with Indigo interior. It has absolutely everything we had our list when we started shopping, and was still less $$ then some other SUV's (and cars) we were looking at. My parents actually bought a 2013 V8 a few weeks before, so guess we became a Jeep family real quick.

We haven't come across anything too too negative yet, though there's more technology on the thing than we really need and sometimes seems overkill (like I miss a simple heated seat button, not having to go through a touchscreen menu). But, it's been good.

Hope to read some cool stuff on here :cool:

·
Registered
High Altitude 4x4
4,181 Posts
Wow, what a stunning color combination. Hope you take some pictures and post them for all of us to see. Congratulations and enjoy it! And welcome to jeepgarage.

·
The Negotiator
5,364 Posts
Welcome to JeepGarage and congrats on the new Jeep!!

·
Registered
2012 GC 4x4
305 Posts
Welcome!!

This site has great information and is usually filled with friendly and helpful people. Until you get to the V8 vs V6 debates. ;)

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks all...hope to take some pictures this weekend, it was actually a dealer demo with about 400 miles on it, and we bought it late at night and have been too busy to take it back to get detailed.

·
Premium Member
2017 Summit
8,884 Posts
Welcome to you and the rest of your Jeep family to the JeepGarage.

·
Registered
Ducati Monster S2Rd
162 Posts
Welcome! As another newbie to the Jeep fold (impatiently waiting for my '14 Overland to get built :rolleyes:), I can tell you that the community here is top-notch and super helpful.

Also, I'll just save SnoFire the time and recommend the "search" function now. :D:slapfight::lol:

·
The Negotiator
5,364 Posts
Also, I'll just save SnoFire the time and recommend the "search" function now. :D:slapfight::lol:
Now why would I say that? Oh you guys know me to well.. I think I need to leave for awhile to clear everyones thoughts of me..:lol::lol:

But yes, the search tool can be your friend!

·
Registered
Ducati Monster S2Rd
162 Posts
Now why would I say that? Oh you guys know me to well.. I think I need to leave for awhile to clear everyones thoughts of me..:lol::lol:

But yes, the search tool can be your friend!

As someone who just spent a solid hour researching plasti-dipping, I fully approve of this message! (Now if I just had a Jeep to put these hypothetical mods I'm planning on doing to... :thumbsup:)

Anyways - let's see some pics, jer630!

·
Registered
21 Posts
First blue-on-blue i've seen and i like it! I think it's a testament to how cool the amount of color customization is jeep gave us this model year.

·
Premium Member
150 Posts
That is sharp!!! The True Blue looks great...I thought it would look a lot bluer!! Great match with the interior and the chrome pops just enough!

·
Registered
'14 wht/blu Overland
210 Posts
Wow, I really like that exterior color! Does it have quadralift?

·
The Negotiator
5,364 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Wow, I really like that exterior color! Does it have quadralift?
Yup...definitely a neat deal. Outside of the 4x4 part, it lowers a bit into Aero mode automatically over a certain speed on the highway. And it lowers like an inch and a half in park mode...which we used yesterday to lower the tailgate to put some bags of mulch in.

On a negative note, it sort of got "stuck" in raised mode today when I was showing it to a family member...when I pressed the button to lower, it said "Lowering" in the display but never did. Drove it around the block and tried it again and it was fine. Odd, will have to keep an eye on it to see if it was a fluke or what.

And we've already gotten a lot of positive comments on the true blue...definitely happy with it.

·
Premium Member
GC Diesel
194 Posts
Nice pictures! The interior is simply awesome. Thanks for sharing!

·
Registered
177 Posts
A menu to activate heatd seats?

.....there's more technology on the thing than we really need and sometimes seems overkill (like I miss a simple heated seat button, not having to go through a touchscreen menu)
A touchscreen menu to activate heated seats?? Seriously?

Can anyone comment on this? Are heated seats only available through a menu? I hope not.....seems stupid and unsafe.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Re: A menu to activate heatd seats?

A touchscreen menu to activate heated seats?? Seriously?

Can anyone comment on this? Are heated seats only available through a menu? I hope not.....seems stupid and unsafe.
Yup, only thru the menu. No hard button to push.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts