Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I am new here (just registered). This is a GREAT site for Jeepies.

My question is: Can the fog light "housings" (the grey plastic parts in the bumper) be removed for painting, or jst easier to buy aftermarket chrome inserts?

·
Super Moderator
2018 Jeep Trackhawk
57,015 Posts
Yes...they just snap in and out

·
Registered
33 Posts
I have done both....bought the chrome ones on my 2011 Grand Cherokee. Now I have a 2013 Trailhawk and decided to painty inserts to match body color. Pretty tough since they are textured. I ended up buying another set for $20 and had the body shop paint them. Looks great though....all white!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the info. I have tried to "pry" them out but was afraid to break them. Any sugestions about how to do it properly.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I use a very small flat head screwdriver. Without touching the bumper (paint), press inwards and get the tip of the screwdriver inside the lip of the insert, then pull out. It will take a bit of pressure but you won't crack or break the insert. They are bendable to a point. I pry from the outside point of the insert....as you're looking at them from the front of the Jeep....the outer right on the right side and outer left on the left side. Hope that makes sense. It's really easy.....just don't use the bumper as leverage when you try to stick the screwdriver in and pry out.

·
The Negotiator
5,364 Posts
Welcome to JeepGarage!!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
OK. Thanks again, I'll give it a try. What is the worst that could happen...... Buy a 2014 SRT. (ha-ha)
Thanks guys.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts