Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
Jeep Summit
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m trying to figure out how to fix an issue with my passenger side folding mirror. Every once in a while when I hit the button to return them to the normal position my passenger keeps going all the way around until the mirror is facing away from the jeep. It travels 180 degrees instead of 90.

I checked around here but didn’t see this issue posted anyplace.

What tells the mirror when to stop? Is it a time based function controlled by the computer? For example I hit the button and relay pulls in for 4.3 seconds.
I hardly ever use the feature now because more than once I couldn’t get it to stop I had to move it back by hand. I hate doing that. Feels like I’m breaking it.

Thanks for reading.

G

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have same issue on 2016, were you able to find the fix?
I've tried moving it to until it clicks into a notch then pushing the button, multiple times both directions, nothing seems to work.
I'll be taking it to the dealer for other items and have them repair this if I cannot figure it out.
Thanks,
John

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
I have same issue on 2016, were you able to find the fix?
I've tried moving it to until it clicks into a notch then pushing the button, multiple times both directions, nothing seems to work.
I'll be taking it to the dealer for other items and have them repair this if I cannot figure it out.
Thanks,
John
Hi John,
We're sorry to hear that you are also experiencing this. If you are unable to remedy this on your own and decide to have your dealer take a look, please keep us updated. If any additional assistance is needed throughout your dealer visit, please send our team a PM.
Alex
JeepCares

1 - 3 of 3 Posts