Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought I read somewhere that the 5.7 requires midgrade...not sure if this is true. Also, what about the 6? Thanks.

·
The Negotiator
5,364 Posts
No, it will take 87 and so will the V6. You can look at the owners manual that you can download from Jeep

·
Registered
783 Posts
They recommend 89 in the 5.7, but it's acceptable to put 87 in there. The V6 just requires 87.

·
Super Moderator
10,642 Posts
And for the record, the Hemi runs just great on 87...I've only put 89 in mine once and that was "by mistake" when I was traveling and grabbed the wrong nozzle. (Hadn't had my morning latté yet...)

·
Registered
783 Posts
Yep, dealer put 87 in mine when they delivered it. I just filled up with 89 and don't really notice any power or performance difference. I'm sure there is, but like others mentioned, they computer will handle the difference and make it almost completely blind to the driver.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Yep, dealer put 87 in mine when they delivered it. I just filled up with 89 and don't really notice any power or performance difference. I'm sure there is, but like others mentioned, they computer will handle the difference and make it almost completely blind to the driver.
I take it gas mileage is unaffected either way for the V8?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts