Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
I am still running my original battery in my 2011 GC (MFG 8/10 I believe). It was just at the dealer and tested fine, but given I live in the Midwest maybe I will do it before winter. I had zero problems with it starting last year during the polar vortex (-25 below) so definitely satisfied with the AGM performance.

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
If you have Sam's or Costco membership its really a no brainer... Lowest prices on AGM's, installed in 30 min free and warranty everywhere you go. It really can't be beat.... Put a new one in mine 2 months ago, and motor on !

·
Super Moderator
8,227 Posts
When I wanted to replace mine, I was unable to get it from Costo who is normally my preferred supplier. The required battery wasn't one that's carried with their partnership with Interstate. I ended up using AutoZone and caught a nice coupon that provided a net cost that was very reasonable.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I've been using the O'Reillys Super Start AGM batteries in my ZJ and Golf R. Checking around, they were the best price for an AGM and have a decent warranty. My ZJ sees some rough off road use and it's nice to have a battery that will not leak. It may be a good idea to get an AGM for the WK2 to prevent leaks under the seat.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I think most batteries are all made by the same 2 or 3 companies, and you can get a dud from any of them. My '11 GC was manufactured 10/10 and I replaced the battery last fall just because winter was coming and, after 8 years, I figured it was time. The Auto Zone "gold" was on sale for $159 so I bought it and it is doing fine. The old battery actually still tested good and I could have probably gotten another year or so out of it. Will probably replace the one in my '14 GC manufactured in Apr '13 next year so the wife won't get stranded somewhere.
thank you for getting back and not bashing me for replying late to this thread lol!

21 - 26 of 26 Posts