Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone out there having a problem with this issue no codes show up at dealer but almost 3 accidents this jeep has a mind of its own FCW is not working and stop on its own with no cars or people just wanted to stop short scared the crap at of me and the wife and does not let you know if another car is coming at you for a 2019 54,000 jeep i am upset and now my wife wont drive it ,if anyone has a problem with forward collision please respond thank you.

·
Super Moderator
8,228 Posts
What model is your Jeep so I can move your question to the correct forum area?

Jim
Forum Moderator

·
Registered
362 Posts
Both the actions of the system and the sensitivity can be changed in the settings app. You can set the FCW system to "Warning & Braking", "Warning Only", or "Off". You can set the sensitivity to "Far", "Med" or "Near" to determine how far a vehicle needs to be to activate the system.

You could set the action to "Warning Only" and try different settings of the sensitivity to see how the system reacts to other vehicles without the unexpected braking to ruin your day. You may be able to find a combination that works well for you. Or you may find the system isn't working properly in which case a trip to the dealer would be in order.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Both the actions of the system and the sensitivity can be changed in the settings app. You can set the FCW system to "Warning & Braking", "Warning Only", or "Off". You can set the sensitivity to "Far", "Med" or "Near" to determine how far a vehicle needs to be to activate the system.

You could set the action to "Warning Only" and try different settings of the sensitivity to see how the system reacts to other vehicles without the unexpected braking to ruin your day. You may be able to find a combination that works well for you. Or you m

You could set the action to "Warning Only" and try different settings of the sensitivity to see how the system reacts to other vehicles without the unexpected braking to ruin your day. You may be able to find a combination that works well for you. Or you may find the system isn't working properly in which case a trip to the dealer would be in order.
ay find the system isn't working properly in which case a trip to the dealer would be in order.
Thank you so much for the reply already took it back to dealer and they went in to the settings changed a few things and off we went for a ride about 25 or so miles and it did not respond to braking or warning so he called main office and there answer was if no codes were coming up just rely on the system i think it is all crap it does not work . I went to another dealer ad said i was interested in an overland and went for a ride big difference it gave warning signs when other cars were around ect. Mine does not work properly ,but i do thank you for your advise you said to do more and i dont even know you and i been to dealer 2 times .All made of plastic and expensive .

1 - 6 of 6 Posts