Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
339 Posts
i didn't see where they turn off the egr

assuming nothing changes in the next few months i think i'm selling mine ... these newer diesels suck w/o tune and I'm not paying for another one that I don't really own (cue bounty hunter to come in and tell me to calm down ad nauseum)

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i didn't see where they turn off the egr

assuming nothing changes in the next few months i think i'm selling mine ... these newer diesels suck w/o tune and I'm not paying for another one that I don't really own (cue bounty hunter to come in and tell me to calm down ad nauseum)
Yes, I agree the website is a bit vague on what exactly they all do, but they do offer an EGR delete kit, so I would assume they make the programming changes. It is also mentioned that they will tune to your specifications (custom race tune if you like). They call the basic a stage 1 tune, so one would assume they offer others... ;)

·
Registered
90 Posts
Another one I heard good things about is Sofa King Tunes:

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
I find it HIGHLY ironic that while these tunes prominently slam you with "YOU MUST AGREE THAT THIS IS FOR OFFROAD ONLY AND ILLEGAL OTHERWISE !".... While every one of their features and benefits exudes the increase in performance for ON road uses, and every one of their reviews ( including one from California !) clamor their exuberance for everything the tune has done for them while towing and on road... !! :D

·
Registered
90 Posts
I find it HIGHLY ironic that while these tunes prominently slam you with "YOU MUST AGREE THAT THIS IS FOR OFFROAD ONLY AND ILLEGAL OTHERWISE !".... While every one of their features and benefits exudes the increase in performance for ON road uses, and every one of their reviews ( including one from California !) clamor their exuberance for everything the tune has done for them while towing and on road... !! :D

Well ya know just some towing farm equipment on farms perhaps.

·
Registered
Diesel Jetta
290 Posts
i sent them an email and they do ship to the US. seeing as there is a lot of government douche baggery going on here i may need to pick up some stuff now even before i get the jeep

·
Registered
31 Posts
Update, pulled the trigger on the tune from ecodiesel owners as well as one of their CAC delete pipes. I live in Birmingham, AL and they will be here Tuesday.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Update, pulled the trigger on the tune from ecodiesel owners as well as one of their CAC delete pipes. I live in Birmingham, AL and they will be here Tuesday.
I would be interested to hear your thoughts on the process and results as I am still on the fence. ;)

·
Registered
31 Posts
Any updates on this?
Long story, but because this is the first tuner with the ability to use an OBD Flash device, it requires them to build up a catalog of stock files. They just started using these a few months ago so they did not have one for the Jeep ecodiesel yet, only the Ram.

I am helping them get the file, They arranged for a diesel tuner about an hour from me to bench scan my ECU and send it up to them. Once they have my file, this will not be an issue for anyone else anymore.

I'll update again after it gets done.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts