Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Long story, but because this is the first tuner with the ability to use an OBD Flash device, it requires them to build up a catalog of stock files. They just started using these a few months ago so they did not have one for the Jeep ecodiesel yet, only the Ram.

I am helping them get the file, They arranged for a diesel tuner about an hour from me to bench scan my ECU and send it up to them. Once they have my file, this will not be an issue for anyone else anymore.

I'll update again after it gets done.

Curious if they can clone a GDE ecm?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Long story, but because this is the first tuner with the ability to use an OBD Flash device, it requires them to build up a catalog of stock files. They just started using these a few months ago so they did not have one for the Jeep ecodiesel yet, only the Ram.

I am helping them get the file, They arranged for a diesel tuner about an hour from me to bench scan my ECU and send it up to them. Once they have my file, this will not be an issue for anyone else anymore.

I'll update again after it gets done.
Went yesterday to get a stock read of the ECM, the local tuner sent the file over to T&S Speed Shop/MRTune who sent the file over to alientech so they can update the compatibility on the powergate3+.

That was the step that was hanging me up so this will not be a problem for anyone else now that Alientech now has the stock file. I'll check back in after the tune is installed. Hopefully later today once he notifies me.

·
Registered
97 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Quick update - installed the tune, gonna put some miles on it before I give a ton of details but initial reaction is I am very very pleased. The flash tool is pretty slick and running silky smooth..

·
Registered
17 Posts
following. Had Green Diesel Engineering eco flashes on my 2006 Liberty CRDs. Been too chicken to do anything on my 2014 GC, but considering....

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
I bit the bullet and ordered the Stage 1 - just have to wait for the unit to arrive now.

I will be installing this on a 2018, so will see how it goes. ;)

21 - 29 of 29 Posts