Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Grand Cherokee Alt.
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,
First time Jeep owner here. I will be taking deliver of my 2018 Bright White JGC Altitude next week, with all the options and the OEM tow hitch. I came from a 2016 Subaru WRX but needed something with some more utility (she will be missed). I'm located in the Albany, NY area and this is my first Jeep and SUV and looking forward to it.

I decided to jump right in with a few things to make it my own. I have a ceramic coating and tint appointment the weekend I pick up the truck, as well as converting all the interior bulbs to LED. I have been browsing the forum a little looking for some ideas of where to begin. I would like to get a roof rack, spacers, and possibly HID headlamps (the OEM HIDs are so nice why did they have to stick the altitude with halogens!). Looking for any advice/tips/tricks or suggestions on these or future mods. :D

·
Super Moderator
9,974 Posts
Welcome and congratulations on your new JGC.

On your headlamp question, the Altitude is an appearance package based on Laredo, so it gets the same headlamps as it's base vehicle.

·
Registered
Grand Cherokee Alt.
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome and congratulations on your new JGC.

On your headlamp question, the Altitude is an appearance package based on Laredo, so it gets the same headlamps as it's base vehicle.
. Yea I understand that. Just saying it also grabs alot of features from the limited and other trims, would have been for it to share the HIDs to complete the look. Guess you can't have it all.

·
Premium Member
SRT8
2,627 Posts
. Yea I understand that. Just saying it also grabs alot of features from the limited and other trims, would have been for it to share the HIDs to complete the look. Guess you can't have it all.
you can if you spend $$$ it's almost always easier to just buy the options you want first then try and add them later..:thumbsup:

People in the past have added Eagle eye Compass headlights they supposedly bolt in pretty easy.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I'm another Subaru transplant. I had a 2004 WRX and now my 2001 2.5RS Coupe, which I still have, and picked up a used 2011 GC Limited in February. It was time to finally be an adult.... at 40 yrs old. :lol: And congrats on the Altitude! That will be my next GC for sure.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts