Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To all,
I am going to attempt to replace front pads and roters, but not sure how the slide pins come out. Do they pop out or do you need special tool (size socket) to back them out? Any help please.

Thank you

Steve

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Any help please

I have a 2002 Overland with Teves calipers. I am going to attempt to chainge pads and rotors on the front but not sure how the slide pins come out is a special tool needed? I'v tried a few sockets none worked.

Thanks

Steve8088 :(

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks 99Wjlimited4.7

Thanks for your reply: I finally figured it out, got the caliper off and the shoe holder but could get the rotor off even after taking a 10 lb slug to it. I didn’t want to damage it so I gave up until things get worse. I don’t hear any noises yet. The brakes weren't bad plenty of material left on the pads. The shop wanted to replace brakes, hubs and axels front and rear ~ $4K. (I think they have estimated the worst case scenario). I have 87000 miles on the jeep I going to wait till I hear noises? All this is result of me asking the shop to check it out because I was going on 3000 mile trip and didn’t want any problems. I tried to do a little preventive maintenance. So I didn’t take it, went with my wife’s car and planed on making the repairs when I returned. :lol:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.