Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
Grand Cherokee
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello to all, I recently purchased a 2005 JGC 5.7 limited. I love this truck so far. I was going to list this in things you did to your jeep today but i feel this needs some expert advice. I had my transmission tuned up fluid filters and programming. The tech/owner of the tranny shop who is great topped off my transfer case and both diffs and said they are fine(good condition). Now, I should have mentioned my awesome jeep has a vibration when I accelerate from a stop giving it a good press. The only time it won't vibrate from a stop is if you take off like real easy. The problem is i drive a lot in the city and lets face it this truck does have a Hemi. I also hear and feel some vibration while coasting and speeding up from 30 MPH. MY transmission tech told me he felt some play in my front drive shaft indicating that he thinks its from the front CV joint more than the rear UJoint. IF it was the rear U joint I say rebuild it! He said the front CV joint is not rebuildable and is built into the front driveshaft. He said I will most likely need a new or replacement front drive shaft as the front CV joint is non rebuildable.Has anybody out there had this problem and any advice? Does anyone know where i can get a decent replacement shaft? Thank you so much for an awesome forum. Best regards

1 - 1 of 1 Posts