Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2014 srt - Annoying new noise that i can hear in the cabin. When I go over bumps (like going slowly over a speed bump) i hear it, not quick big bumps but the rolling bumps that makes the car roll longer. started more right front now on both driver and passenger front.

if i go over a speed bump in a parking lot its only the front that it makes the scrunching noise (more like a bed spring is best i can describe it) but the back is totally quiet. 32k miles on it, have RM mids, front control arms and rear from BOAW, otherwise all stock parts for suspension. still winter so i havent done any windows down tests. seems to actually be worse on a warmer day say 40-50 degrees but when its colder it will do it just takes a few minutes im sure for the parts to get loosened up.

the control arms were done (~3 months ago) and the front took some long install time due to removal of front end parts so its possible something was put back together loosely or became loose due to cold weather etc.

anyone had this? normal wear and tear vs. my custom parts...cant think any reason for this ~ my mileage. i don't tow anything or take offroading lol.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have the same problem in my 2014 summit. Only makes the scrunching noise when it’s cold outside. Summer months it’s fine. Dealership is perplexed on why that happens.

·
Registered
2014 Summit 5.7 4wd 20" tires swapped to 18", added all skid plates
2,576 Posts
Sounds like typical bushing noise. Sometimes there's no rhyme nor reason to it. Just went thru tracking it down on my daughters car. Very hard to isolate due to low frequency of the noise. Turned out to be the rear axle trailing arm bushing on one side. Bushing is good and tight but makes a terrible creaking noise. Usually due to rubber partly/fully separating from the metal it's bonded to. It creaks where separated. But could go on to last a long time after separating before there's enough wear that it's anything but a noise issue.

I've had the high dollar aftermarket urethane bushings wind up being just as bad, and sometimes worse, as the OEM style black rubber ones.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts