Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Limited 4x4 5.7
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry new member repost from the general thread. Hello everyone. I have a 2013 Limited 5.7. I just replaced the control arms and some bushings as well as put on a 2" leveling kit on. Now all of my suspension related lights are illuminated on the dash. Drove it for a but thinking the sensors needed to reset. No dice everything is still on. Not sure if a coincidence but today it felt like it was stuck in 4 low. Turned it off then back on and it seemed to shift normally. Any ideas? Thanks guys!

·
Registered
2015 WK2 Overland
1,430 Posts
Not sure I see suspension lights but I'm guessing you may have damaged a wheel speed sensor. You'll ultimately need the codes to determine what issue it's reporting.

·
Registered
2013 Limited 4x4 5.7
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok. Thanks! You're right I guess suspension lights wasn't accurate. Wasnt to sure what to call them.

·
Registered
41 Posts
There is a wheel speed sensor as mentioned above, in each side. They bolt into the steering knuckle/hub and have a wire that runs around the strut and onto the body. If the wire or sensor got damaged, it would trigger every light associated with traction control and ABS, since the vehicle can’t accurately read the wheel speed. Check for those sensors, inspect their wires, make sure you didn’t unplug one, and go from there. I’ll be doing a lift on my Jeep tomorrow, so if you need any pics, I could probably get some tomorrow.

·
Registered
2013 Limited 4x4 5.7
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
There is a wheel speed sensor as mentioned above, in each side. They bolt into the steering knuckle/hub and have a wire that runs around the strut and onto the body. If the wire or sensor got damaged, it would trigger every light associated with traction control and ABS, since the vehicle can’t accurately read the wheel speed. Check for those sensors, inspect their wires, make sure you didn’t unplug one, and go from there. I’ll be doing a lift on my Jeep tomorrow, so if you need any pics, I could probably get some tomorrow.
That would be great! Thanks!

·
Registered
2013 Limited 4x4 5.7
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Update. I had my mechanic friend who helped with the install run the codes and it came up with a bad r/f speed sensor. Got that replaced but still the same issue. I wanted to thanks you all for the response, ill keep you updated on what i find.

·
Registered
2014 Limited
94 Posts
Update. I had my mechanic friend who helped with the install run the codes and it came up with a bad r/f speed sensor. Got that replaced but still the same issue. I wanted to thanks you all for the response, ill keep you updated on what i find.
You need to leave the terminals off long enough for the computer to completely drain any residual power out could be 1/2 hour or longer. Try it for 20 mins if it still the same try it a little longer. Think about resetting you cable router same principle, almost, Good luck,

·
Registered
2014 Summit 5.7 4wd 20" tires swapped to 18", added all skid plates
1,639 Posts
Be sure and check the wires for damage too. I've had wires break inside the connectors right at the end of where they are crimped to the terminals.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Do you still have the same code after the fix? Might not have been the fix you needed.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts