Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
21 - 40 of 76 Posts
ASFIR does make some all aluminum skid plates for 2011+ WK2's

http://www.urbanoffroad.us/index.php...id-plates.html

These plates are very expensive but many of the guys with WK's have used them.
They make a replacement aluminum skid for the plastic belly pan and the engine skid plate, the plastic transmission plate and the transfer case. No gas tank skids though.

These skids are available individually, just look around at the Urban Offroad webpage. ASFIR has it's own webpage http://asfir4x4.com/catalog-jeep, prices are similar.
Urban Offroad ASFIR 4X4 STEERING/DIFFERENTIAL/ENGINE GUARD (SKID PLATE) Urban Offroad
That is expensive and really doesn't do anything for the air-dam... but it's nearly there.

I have made a template for a steel replacement and will transfer it to 3mm steel plate on the weekend, once I am happy with the fit I will look at upgrading the attachment points. I will make sure to post pics on the weekend. If it all works I will be able to have the parts laser cut and folded as I am also creating a CAD file. Once you see the pics let me know if there is any interest and I will work out a piece price.

Cheers

Looking forward to the outcome Adam.

All seems good as far as fitment, I will drive it this week and make sure there are no issues. Attachment points will need upgrading and counter sunk bolts on the crossmember to stop anything from snagging. Let me know what you think.

Cheers

Attachments

Reactions: Kev.
Looks awesome to me mate - I'd be very happy to purchase one of those - providing ARB don't bring out a replacement front bar in the mean time!

Do you have any 'front on' photos?

Can't wait to hear how the test drive goes ...

Looks good. I'd be interested if you come up with something a bit more secure for attaching it at the front.

That winch has been mentioned before. Problem is that it requires both Recovery Hook connections, something which Jeep removed from Aussie bound cars. ^%$^#@@$
There is still also a question on whether it works with the radar sensor.

Obviously the skid plate doesn't work with the ACC radar sensor lol. But the bumper kit does work now. It says on their website.

not quite. It says it will work on a MY11 ( that came with 2 recovery hooks) but still will not work with a MY11-12-13 which did not come with both recovery hooks.
I sure hope they develop one to fit these, as I need a winch.

At last we have something. I need a better look but if these do the job it might save the weight and cost of a full bull-bar. :thumbsup:

I contacted Rocky Road. They are aware of our front end situation and are looking into it. Their setup does not connect to the front recovery hook positions so it may not be a problem but they need to check it.

Discussion starter · #38 · (Edited)
Hey all.

I inquired with Stu Murchison whether he had any plans to make something similar to the RRO pre runner skid plate and this was his reply...

'We're about to start bring these in. Don't ask as to how much though as we haven't landed them before. If you like we can get an order in the system for you with a $100 deposit and invoice.'

If you're interested you might want to give him a call.

Clarkey.

Hey all.

I inquired with Stu Murchison whether he had any plans to make something similar to the RRO pre runner skid plate and this was his reply...

'We're about to start bring these in. Don't ask as to how much though as we haven't landed them before. If you like we can get an order in the system for you with a $100 deposit and invoice.'

If you're interested you might want to give him a call.

Clarkey.
Great to hear. Let's hope Stu can sell them cheaper than we can get the in ourselves. I'd rather pay him than UPS.

Rocky Road also sell a skid plate that fits immediately behind the pre-runner. They conformed that it doesn't interfere with the Mopar underbody protection so that's good.

I also like the idea of a local importer. That way we are guaranteed that the item will fit, and just not have to gamble that it does.

21 - 40 of 76 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.