Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
61 - 76 of 76 Posts
Thanks Bob, much appreciated!

Don't get me started on the dealer, see my posts in the ACC Sensor threads and you'll gasp (or maybe not).

Recently fitted an ARB bull bar on my MY14 CG, the plastic "guard" is not replaced as part of the ARB fitting. Went to Moreton Is for Easter and pushed the guard up, and a small piece stopped the radiator fan from turning, car overheated, stopped worked out what the problem was and got going again.

Uneek make a bash plate that replaces this "guard" with a steel plate, works with the Uneek bull bar and the ARB bull bar; have just ordered one should arrive next week.

I have been told it is plastic because this is part of the crumble zone in head on accidents. :sleepy:

Yeah I saw that, similiar pricing, lucky I have a mate that is a mechanic who will fit it for me. I saw somewhere that Jeep change about the same for a new plastic guard, ridiculous. Anyway figured if I broke the plastic guard on Moreton Is, it was not going to last long in the Simpson Desert later this year!

Fitted the Uneek bash plate last weekend. It is not that difficult just a little fiddly. Nice product I like the mesh over the cooling slots.

I purchased a Uneek nudge bar with recovery points so I went for their bash plate. Now I have full protection... this was all prompted by pushing the sump plug through pan on a large rock. Bit like closing the gate after the horse had bolted.

The Uneek skid plate and Mopar sump plate were cheaper than replacing with the flimsy standard items.

Attachments

Been a couple of times in the past in the old WH 4.7, once across the dessert to Mt Dare and then down to Oodnadatta and back across to NSW and back to Brisbane. And the second time across the dessert to Mt Dare over to Uluru, back to Alice then up and across the Plently Highway to Boulia and back to Brisbane.

The WK2 3.6 will eat it up. :thumbsup:

GC WK2 Deep Cherry Red Laredo with quadra lift, ARB bull bar plus Warn winch, Mopar skid plates and rock rails and soon the Uneek bash plate, and Hayman Reece tow bar.

I purchased a Uneek nudge bar with recovery points so I went for their bash plate. Now I have full protection... this was all prompted by pushing the sump plug through pan on a large rock. Bit like closing the gate after the horse had bolted.
Ouch!:mad: Did you save the engine?

I like the cool cutout logo in the Uneek plate.

When I "broke" the plastic guard, it pushed up and a small piece was stopping the radiator fan from turning. The car started to overheat. Luckily all I had to do was push the plastic guard back down and everything was fine. This guard is an Achilles' heel even for easy off roading.

Why you should replace the stock belly pan before you go offroad:

From the Murchisons facebook page.

Reactions: XKTrail and BobT
Why you should replace the stock belly pan before you go offroad:
From the Murchisons facebook page.
It happened to me on Stockton Beach. A sharp knife fixed it.

I read here people got quotes from the dealer for the ACC sensor for $6k,
Mopar America sells them for under $1000!

A $5000 mark up seems a bit excessive don't you think!
Yep! That's about the markup we expect from the stealers down under. That's why I buy what I can from the States despite the freight being nearly as much as the item itself.

61 - 76 of 76 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.