Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Trackhawk On Order
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been quoted $5,500 for a full body wrap with my choice of 3M Pro-Series or Xpel. Two questions, does that sound like a reasonable price from your experiance, and does anyone have a strong opinion on 3M vs. Xpel? Thanks in advance!

They also quoted $1700 to do entire front end, rockers and mirrors. I may go that route and ceramic coat the remainder of the car, but i am worried about my local car wash trashing the paint (i.e., areas not covered by film). Unfortunately, i don't usually have time to wash myself or schedule a hand wash.

·
Registered
2018 Jeep Trackhawk
149 Posts
I went with a full xpel wrap on my 17 Viper, but opted to do only certain portions of my TH. Seemed like overkill to do the entire thing for some reason. Prices don't seem unreasonable to me

·
Registered
621 Posts
Sounds about right the material alone is expensive then the rest is labor plus most cars don’t have full pattern cuts so that means you have to make free handed cuts around the body. 3M & Xpel has noses & rear bumpers along with side rockers and parts of fenders along with mirrors the rest is free hand means money!!

·
Premium Member
1,316 Posts
I've been quoted $5,500 for a full body wrap with my choice of 3M Pro-Series or Xpel. Two questions, does that sound like a reasonable price from your experiance, and does anyone have a strong opinion on 3M vs. Xpel? Thanks in advance!

They also quoted $1700 to do entire front end, rockers and mirrors. I may go that route and ceramic coat the remainder of the car, but i am worried about my local car wash trashing the paint (i.e., areas not covered by film). Unfortunately, i don't usually have time to wash myself or schedule a hand wash.

3M scotchguard and xpel are both great. Xpel is more well known but I would use whatever your installer uses more of because of installation. Price is about right I was quoted about two grand for full front and fenders including headlights, rockers, and a pillars and between 5 and 6 grand for entire car with edges wrapped where they could.

·
Registered
621 Posts
Yup, I’m in the business I know. Let’s not even talk about stealth because that stuff is double the price! I didn’t even do my whole jeep.

·
Registered
18 Trackhawk
14 Posts
Just had mine done this week. $2100 for entire hood, bumper and front fenders and mirrors. I'm in Tampa
Wouldn't you also do the painted lower sill sections (?rocker panel in the US) and the front part of the rear wheel guard (the section on the back of the back doors) where the raied leading edge gets a lot of stone damage). Not sure how the film would be applied to the slightly raised edge, I imagine it would peel up?

·
Registered
Trackhawk On Order
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Finally made up my mind and pulled the trigger for paint correction, 100% wrap + ceramic coating from Midwest Clearbra near Minneapolis. Should be interesting to see the results!

Reactions: DCRSRT

·
Premium Member
1,316 Posts
Finally made up my mind and pulled the trigger for paint correction, 100% wrap + ceramic coating from Midwest Clearbra near Minneapolis. Should be interesting to see the results!

You won’t regret it!

Reactions: Terry Wright

·
Registered
168 Posts
Wouldn't you also do the painted lower sill sections (?rocker panel in the US) and the front part of the rear wheel guard (the section on the back of the back doors) where the raied leading edge gets a lot of stone damage). Not sure how the film would be applied to the slightly raised edge, I imagine it would peel up?
I figure if I am going to Xpel certain parts, I would do the entire panel. I didn't care to see lines anywhere that would definitely become more apparent after you wax around them. If I was going to cover the areas you suggested, I might as well do the entire body and that would've run me north of 6K.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts