Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Premium Member
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had my 2014 Limited for about a week (Chrysler bought back my 2011 Overland...another story) and for the most part, I really like it!

My wife did a test drive a few months ago without me and swears she had the NAV Map in full-screen at one point, no "soft-buttons" on the bottom.

Neither of us has been able to get the map to full screen on my vehicle. Tried searching this site and others, as well as the manual, but found no reference on how to do this.

Seems like a waste of a big screen if I can't expand the map.

I would not be surprised if I'm missing a large obvious "EXPAND MAP" button, but so far, I haven't had any luck.

Anyone know if this is possible?

· Registered
376 Posts
I have also seen my 2014 8.4" map in full screen and I can't figure out how to get that back either. Maybe it was when I was routing to something off of a search or something. Would like to see it full screen.

· Premium Member
2017 Summit
8,883 Posts
I brought this up a long time ago. I was told that the soft buttons will always be there. I was pissed after all the hype about the 8.4" screen. If they are going with a 6" map, then give me a 6" screen and real buttons under it.

My MDX had an 8.4" map that was useful as a map.

---

· Premium Member
4,989 Posts
I brought this up a long time ago. I was told that the soft buttons will always be there. I was pissed after all the hype about the 8.4" screen. If they are going with a 6" map, then give me a 6" screen and real buttons under it.

My MDX had an 8.4" map that was useful as a map.

---

This can likely be added in the future. Not sure if I can find out more about this but I agree, a button hide function is a good idea due to the dedundant knobs.

· Premium Member
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
If you press the map button in the radio screen it will be small but if you go into the nav screen and select view map it's full screen
Not on mine. If I'm in Radio and press the Map icon, I get a small map. If I go to the Nav screen and press the "View Map" button, I get the larger map, but it still isn't full screen. The "soft-touch" buttons still take up the bottom 25% (or so) of the screen.

· Premium Member
86 Posts

· Registered
376 Posts
Mine is the same, i consider it full screen.
Technically, that is not full screen. Full screen means just what it says. It takes up the full screen. Hit F11 on most Internet browsers to see true full screen. Jeep should have the same option.

· Premium Member
4,989 Posts
Ok, it appears that a "full screen" NAV Map is currently not available.

Now, how do I tell my wife she was wrong? :D
Tell her she is not.... have her go read some reviews on the EcoDiesel and she will understand the difference between what is presented and what is delivered :lol: Hey according to at least 2 of those I should already have one of those in the driveway.... They also show lots of shiny pictures of those too. :(

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.