Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Premium Member
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered the Magnaflow 16929 exhaust system a few weeks ago hoping that it would fit my '14 when it came in. So, with only 77 miles on the odometer, I backed up on my ramps and proceeded to remove the stock stuff. The factory exhaust came off very easy, the only difficult part was trying to get the rear mufflers free from the hangers since you can hardly get to them. The new exhaust dropped right into place and lines up perfectly. It took less than an hour to swap it out. My Snap-on cordless impact made quick work of tightening the band clamps. :)

It sounds fantastic in my opinion, very mellow with no drone but you can still tell it's there on mild acceleration. The tone changes when it goes into MDS but it's far from annoying. On the highway you can barely tell it's there. It also has a very nice rumble at idle. I highly recommend this mod.

·
Premium Member
1,544 Posts
Thanks for the confirmation

·
Premium Member
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I ordered mine through Amazon for $975 but they are now listing for over $1300. I'm not sure how I lucked out, but it was brand new shipped directly from Magnaflow.

·
Registered
2014 Jeep Summit
174 Posts
I ordered the Magnaflow 16929 exhaust system a few weeks ago hoping that it would fit my '14 when it came in. So, with only 77 miles on the odometer, I backed up on my ramps and proceeded to remove the stock stuff. The factory exhaust came off very easy, the only difficult part was trying to get the rear mufflers free from the hangers since you can hardly get to them. The new exhaust dropped right into place and lines up perfectly. It took less than an hour to swap it out. My Snap-on cordless impact made quick work of tightening the band clamps. :)

It sounds fantastic in my opinion, very mellow with no drone but you can still tell it's there on mild acceleration. The tone changes when it goes into MDS but it's far from annoying. On the highway you can barely tell it's there. It also has a very nice rumble at idle. I highly recommend this mod.

Excellent Pic's and best of luck with the new beast - wondering if the Magnaflow will fit the 2014 Summit, different tail pipe connection ?

·
Premium Member
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Excellent Pic's and best of luck with the new beast - wondering if the Magnaflow will fit the 2014 Summit, different tail pipe connection ?
Thanks! I'd imagine it would fit but you would need to cut the stock tips off and have them welded on the magnaflow pipes.

·
Premium Member
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
That's a damn good price!

·
Registered
2014 Grand Cherokee
19 Posts
Just ordered one. They showed to have 3 in stock at the moment.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Darn it.. someone heard you and raised the price back up above 1300 bucks. I would have ordered one at the sale price mentioned and slept on the couch for a few nights, but at this price I can't imagine where I would be sleeping.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Darn it.. someone heard you and raised the price back up above 1300 bucks. I would have ordered one at the sale price mentioned and slept on the couch for a few nights, but at this price I can't imagine where I would be sleeping.
Amazon is all over the place with the Magnaflow. It will go back down to the $985-$875 region soon.

Keep checking on a weekly basis. I missed the low price 3 times as I contemplated buying it. Finally 2 weeks ago I was able to buy it at $935.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Subscribed to thread. Somebody please update when the price goes back down. Money in pocket burning large hole.

·
Registered
2014 Grand Cherokee
19 Posts
Mine was supposed to arrive yesterday but got delayed. It ended up arriving today so I decided to throw it on quick before going to work.

It took me 20 minutes to get the old exhaust off. I've never seen anything quite like it. Almost NOTHING comes apart. The left muffler unbolts, but other than that, it's one solid piece after the cats. Jeep was kind enough to put rubber hangers up in the far corners of the bumper too, but with a little lube and just the right size pry bars, everything came out.

If I had done one of these before, the whole job probably would have only taken about 45 minutes, but even with having to go back and re-think my assembly/hanging/fastening sequence once or twice or more..., the truck was only in the air for 1:05. One thing I learned- I need bigger jack stands! My little ones for my G8 and Cobra don't quite measure up with this thing. A little more breathing room underneath of the truck would have helped my speed as well. Bottom line, if you're not installing this yourself (which you should be), don't let a shop charge you 2-3 hours. This is a 45 minute job for anybody with the proper tools and a lift.

Initial impressions-
Very mild/mellow, but way more than stock. Start-up sounds great and gives a nice little burble. Moderate accelleration has slightly more tone than stock, but is nowhere near "loud" in my opinion. I'm not sure about the outside noise level, but I would say that the few videos of WK2s on youtube with this system are pretty accurate. You're not going to wake your neighbors or scare any small children, but people will know that you've got a Hemi under your hood. I did notice some drone on very mild acceleration and at around 1600 RPM on the highway if the DOD/AFM is on. I haven't driven enough to fully investigate this, but any highway drone scares me based on past experiences. The other thing that I noticed was coming to a stop as the transmission is downshifting, you get some tone that I wasn't expecting. All that being said though, I think that I am going to be happy with this system. I've had Flowmaster, Bassani, SOLO, and others and this is by far the quietest, mildest system while still being a nice upgrade from stock.

Now I've got to figure out what to do to store this big ass stock system that doesn't come apart...

·
Registered
168 Posts
Mine was supposed to arrive yesterday but got delayed. It ended up arriving today so I decided to throw it on quick before going to work.

It took me 20 minutes to get the old exhaust off. I've never seen anything quite like it. Almost NOTHING comes apart. The left muffler unbolts, but other than that, it's one solid piece after the cats. Jeep was kind enough to put rubber hangers up in the far corners of the bumper too, but with a little lube and just the right size pry bars, everything came out.

If I had done one of these before, the whole job probably would have only taken about 45 minutes, but even with having to go back and re-think my assembly/hanging/fastening sequence once or twice or more..., the truck was only in the air for 1:05. One thing I learned- I need bigger jack stands! My little ones for my G8 and Cobra don't quite measure up with this thing. A little more breathing room underneath of the truck would have helped my speed as well. Bottom line, if you're not installing this yourself (which you should be), don't let a shop charge you 2-3 hours. This is a 45 minute job for anybody with the proper tools and a lift.

Initial impressions-
Very mild/mellow, but way more than stock. Start-up sounds great and gives a nice little burble. Moderate accelleration has slightly more tone than stock, but is nowhere near "loud" in my opinion. I'm not sure about the outside noise level, but I would say that the few videos of WK2s on youtube with this system are pretty accurate. You're not going to wake your neighbors or scare any small children, but people will know that you've got a Hemi under your hood. I did notice some drone on very mild acceleration and at around 1600 RPM on the highway if the DOD/AFM is on. I haven't driven enough to fully investigate this, but any highway drone scares me based on past experiences. The other thing that I noticed was coming to a stop as the transmission is downshifting, you get some tone that I wasn't expecting. All that being said though, I think that I am going to be happy with this system. I've had Flowmaster, Bassani, SOLO, and others and this is by far the quietest, mildest system while still being a nice upgrade from stock.

Now I've got to figure out what to do to store this big ass stock system that doesn't come apart...
Do you have the off road package? The install required me to cut the skid plates to get the system to fit. Other than that, good to go.

·
Registered
29 Posts
We installed the Magnaflow exhaust system on the wife's 2013 Laredo X, with Off-road pkg, a few months ago and we did not have to cut or modify anything (skid plates, etc.)

·
Registered
73 Posts
We installed the Magnaflow exhaust system on the wife's 2013 Laredo X, with Off-road pkg, a few months ago and we did not have to cut or modify anything (skid plates, etc.)
how were those skid plates to take off? Still waiting to pick mine up but it was ordered with the off road adventure II package and as I understand it basically the entire undercarriage is covered with skid plates. I really want to add a cat back system but not sure if it's worth the hassle dealing with the skid plates, depending on how much of a pain they are to remove.. and hopefully I don't have to cut them to get the exhaust to fit.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts