Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
Grand Cherokee
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just finished upgrading my fogs to hids. Bought a 5052 kit for the fogs and h11 for the lows. Long story short the h11 I bought for the lows is now installed in my fog lamps. Owners manual is wrong on bulb type unless I read something wrong.

Also anyone have a step by step to remove the front bumper? After I exchange the 5052 kit I gotta tackle the low beams.

And in case your curious its a zenex kit from amazon 6000k. Did not need relay kit but I did need warning cancellers.

Attachments

·
Registered
165 Posts
Do you have any shots of this on the road? Also, did you need to install a CANBUS or anything?

·
Registered
Grand Cherokee
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
20 Posts
SO, how good are the fog light projectors in the new jeep? Are you satisfied with them? Could they be better? I know the ones in the 11-13 models absolutely suck so I am curious about these ones.

How big is the lens on these things?

(sorry. I'm kind of a lighting freak...lol)

·
Registered
167 Posts
there is a sticky up top that covers all the bulb sizes for the 2014 and how to install.

·
The Negotiator
5,364 Posts
IS there a write-up on how to change the fogs on the 2014?
Yes there is. In the interior/exterior section, I believe 655321 has done a write up on how to do it.

·
Registered
165 Posts
That covers the headlights and not a "how to" for the fog lights. the OP put HID's in his fogs. Thats why I asked if there was a detailed description of how he did it. I just want to know how to run the wires and place the ballasts, etc.

·
Registered
Ram 1500
854 Posts
You don't need to pull the bumper to replace the fog lights or the low beams. Just turn the wheel all the way to the right and pull the access cover off, remove the front 2 Christmas trees, the 10mm bolt and the next Christmas tree at the top and then move the liner out of the way, repeat for the other side.

·
Registered
Grand Cherokee
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Ok. Bt where do you put the ballasts as wiring? DOnt they need to be attached to something, somewhere?
I just used the included double sides tape and stuck the ballasts to a flat spot inside the bumper, the. Zip tied the wires up.

·
Registered
3,768 Posts
Unlike the PSX bulb, H11 is literally plug+play. XenonDepot H11 HID kits come with a proper H11 mating connector that will literally plug into your OEM fog light harness just like your stock halogen bulb. A PSX bulb would have required you to tap into your OEM harness. Ballasts need to be mounted within approximately 1-1.5 ft from the bulb. We provide double sided tape and tie straps to secure them. Definitely don't rely solely on the double sided tape.

Steve

·
Registered
165 Posts
If I want to go with CBI bulbs in my headlights, what color should I use for my fogs to match?

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.