Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it possible to add the panel for garage door open/close control. Does anyone have a part number for this. I don't have a sunroof and if possible would only need a panel with the garage door capabilities

·
Premium Member
596 Posts
What you're referring to are the HomeLink buttons on the overhead console. You don't say what year your WK2 is, but here's the instructions for removing that console in a '14: http://www.wk2jeeps.com/interior/2014_wk2_interior_trim_removal_001.pdf

I've removed mine; you have to pull down pretty hard on it to release the four clips, but once those are released there's one plug (for power to the buttons and lights) you have to release. If yours currently has a plug in the console for overhead lights, installing one with the HomeLink buttons might be doable. I don't know the part number for the HomeLink console, but you should be able to Google it and find that on some dealership's parts page.

·
Registered
783 Posts
I wish they had a homelink button on the fob to program as well. Found myself outside many times with just my keys and my wife has closed the garage door on me forcing me to go through the front door.

·
Premium Member
596 Posts
Sorry, I have a 2012 Laredo
There are lots of aftermarket HomeLink solutions out there (e.g.; HomeLink mirrors with built-in compass; outside temp; etc.), but I bet a newer HomeLink overhead console might fit in your '12 so you can keep the stock look. Do you currently have an overhead console with lights built in? If so, might just be a plug-in replacement for the newer style. Do some Googling; maybe call a MOPAR parts dept. and see if they can assist in figuring out if a newer style would fit.

·
Registered
783 Posts
Yeah, I should suck it up and invest in one. Our previous place had one and I used it all the time when doing yard work.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.