Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had my 2020 JGC Overland for a couple weeks now. Got everything pretty well figured out. One issue. During day time driving the gauges in the cluster, speedo, etc can hardly be seen, dull gray color, under certain light conditions hard to read. The dimmer switch is at full brightness and all the controls are checked on. Night time no issues. (Maybe I have cataract issues?LOL)
any ideas?

·
Premium Member
1,938 Posts
I thought I remembered how to do this but I don't, and I just tried it and couldn't figure it out. The one thing I noticed is that the dimmer wheel works differently depending on whether the headlights are on or off ... so make sure they're off when you're trying to adjust for daylight.

There's a screen Settings/Display for adjust brightness, but as as I could tell it only affects the big Uconnect, not the gauge cluster.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, I found the screen but it is for the center stack display. I noticed that at night, the dimmer switch doesn't adjust the gauge cluster.

·
Premium Member
1,938 Posts
Can you see the dimmer wheel making any difference at all when the headlights are off?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Can you see the dimmer wheel making any difference at all when the headlights are off?
No, the dimmer wheel does not change brightness with either the headlights on or off. maybe that is problem. Any Chrysler product I have ever owned with that dimmer switch set up, dims the cluster lights whether headlights are on or off.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts