Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed the GDE ECU this morning and I'm really happy with the change in acceleration, but more importantly I'm looking forward to oil with less soot.

I did find a few differences between the GDE Install Instructions and what I actually encountered. I found the bottom two bolts difficult to get to because of the cables and the coolant reservoir. An easier option was to unclip the ECU bracket assembly and slide it up. In the picture below the red arrow points to the clip.

Clip.jpg

To remove the bracket you first need to remove three cable zip ties from the bracket that are shown in the pictures below.

Cable Lock I.jpg
Cable Lock 2.jpg

With the cable ties removed disconnect the two ECU connectors. Then push the bracket clip rearward and slide the bracket/ECU assembly up. The assembly is shown in the picture below.

ECU.jpg

Remove the four bolts and OEM ECU. Install the GDE ECU onto the bracket. The bracket without the ECU is shown below.

Bracket.jpg

To reinstall the bracket & ECU assembly slide it down until the clip springs back to hold the bracket. Reinstall the two ECU connectors and the three cable zip locks.

The tools I used were a interior clip remover for the cable zip ties and a 8mm socket for the four bolts.

Tools.jpg

·
Vendor
113 Posts
Nice write up. Removing the entire bracket is much easier. The new WK2, FCA added a second bottom bolt holding ecm to bracket and it is a PIA to access.

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Does this apply to all WK2's 2014 forward accurately?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts