Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had my 2015 JGC Summing Eco Diesel for about 8 months now. This is the longest I have ever owned any vehicle without making any mods to it. That changes now. I just purchased the GDE hot tune and transmission tune. I dont think I have heard a single negative review on this tune so I am going to make it happen. I cant wait for the module to come in. My JCG is still under factory warranty with an extended Mopar warranty so I am keeping the stock ECU just in case. It is not the fastest vehicle I have ever owned but is in my top 2 or 3 favorite.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
I have had my 2015 JGC Summing Eco Diesel for about 8 months now. This is the longest I have ever owned any vehicle without making any mods to it. That changes now. I just purchased the GDE hot tune and transmission tune. I dont think I have heard a single negative review on this tune so I am going to make it happen. I cant wait for the module to come in. My JCG is still under factory warranty with an extended Mopar warranty so I am keeping the stock ECU just in case. It is not the fastest vehicle I have ever owned but is in my top 2 or 3 favorite.

If it's your top 2 or 3 without the tune, I can't imagine it not moving up with both tunes installed. I have both tunes on my 2014 Limited Ecodiesel. It's my top 1 or 2 now:) Stock Tune from FCA is sad on a vehicle with this performance capability. Remember even with the mods, it's still a 6 cylinder. It doesn't turn the engine into a Hot Cummins 24 Valve Turbo Diesel. It's nice for a V6.

·
Registered
Truck
374 Posts
Oh Yes!! You are going to really like your tunes. It will seem like a different car.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
GDE hot tune is awesome. It pulls like a freight train all the way up to whatever speed you are trying to get to. The transmission tune is not quite a noticeable but still effective. It sounds a little more like a diesel now. I am not sure if that is intended but I kind of like it. So far this upgrade was worth every penny.

·
Registered
17 Sub OB/17 Ridge
1,110 Posts
I get my GDE tune tomorrow. I have no need for the transmission tune and there is very little lag with the turbo however even with MaxCare $106 bucks 3 times this year as Jeep spent about $2500 in 2017 fixing emissions failures has driven me to get the GDE tune and shut off the EGR system.
Yes added torque and hp will be nice so will drive-ability but the emissions integration is my main reason for doing this. I fully expect without having the EGR turned off that I will spend at least 2-3 trips a year to the dealer.
FCA is a large company and have to meet operability throughout the country. I seldom see anything below 34F and then for just hours in Florida so I hardly worry about DEF freezing, etc.
If I had to do this over again meaning adding the GDE tune (I am at 62K miles) I would have done this at least 2 years ago. Look at it this way. FCA will charge you $100 when you take it in for a problem. In the last 3 years I have made around 5 trips to the dealer which would have come close to paying for the GDE tune. All visits related to emissions failures which with the GDE tune I am not sure will occur. However having Max Care is a good thing since the Jeep is laden with electronics covered by the extended service plan....

·
Registered
17 Sub OB/17 Ridge
1,110 Posts
Installed the ECU today. You guys must have small hands because I had to remove the overflow tank and all 3 8mm bolts were so over torqued that it took most of my strength to break them loose--ridiculous. Once installed reset the oil change indicator and since I just changed oil recently should be no big a deal. Drove until regen was done then came home.
I noticed that the gas pedal was more linear and that my fuel economy was greatly improved. It does have more zip to it and I hope it helps tow my trailer easier. Passing other traffic with my trailer was no big deal with enough time but think this improvement should really help.
Sending the ECU back to GDE tomorrow. I think the flash replacement ECU will be well worth it assuming it stops the emissions CEL's I continue to get.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Installed the ECU today. You guys must have small hands because I had to remove the overflow tank and all 3 8mm bolts were so over torqued that it took most of my strength to break them loose--ridiculous. Once installed reset the oil change indicator and since I just changed oil recently should be no big a deal. Drove until regen was done then came home.
I noticed that the gas pedal was more linear and that my fuel economy was greatly improved. It does have more zip to it and I hope it helps tow my trailer easier. Passing other traffic with my trailer was no big deal with enough time but think this improvement should really help.
Sending the ECU back to GDE tomorrow. I think the flash replacement ECU will be well worth it assuming it stops the emissions CEL's I continue to get.
Same here with the overflow tank. Thankfully it was only two bolts for that. HOWEVER I did have a FOURTH bolt on ECU Bracket. Not sure if that is exclusive to 2016 ED models or what, but definitely wasn't expecting it.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Same here with coolant. Thankfully it was simple two bolts to move out of way. However I did have a FOURTH bolt for ECU bracket. Not sure if it's exclusive to the 16' EcoDiesels or not but I was definitely surprised by it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts