Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
08 WK
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all. I’m new here to the forum as far as post go but have browsed through several of the forums that exist since I purchased my Jeep. Which is a 08 WK 3.7. Unfortunately the QT1...but it does what I need it to do. I have a 2” lift and run 265/17/17 BFG KO2s on an after market wheels. Bilstein shocks and upgraded the upper control arms on the front. I currently am running on the stock 3.07s. I have a whine in what seems to be the diff. I suspect ring and pinion...After extensive, pain staking research I have found nothing but inconsistent information on what I can or can not do. Most of the info on the forums was over 5 years old. I had one shop tell me I had a Dana 30 in the front. Which is totally incorrect. One shop tell me I have 3.55s not 3.07s which is also not correct. But what I have found that is true is that I have a 8.25 Chrysler rear and the C200 IFS Mercedes Benz 8” front which I have confirmed through a bit of research.

So if you are still hanging with me, here is my question. Has anyone re geared a WK recently? I have found 4.11s for the front and the rear but again those old posts back in 2012 say that no one makes them for the front. Which seems to be no longer the case. I don’t really want 4.11s and would like to go with the 3.73 but do not really want to do an axle swap if I don’t have to with a 4.7L like I have seen some suggest. 4.11s is all I can really find from Yukon, nitro or Randy’s. Which I will do if that’s my only option. I can’t find anything else for that 8” front.

Sorry it’s a long post. Thanks for any help you can send my way.

Matt

·
Registered
2006 WK Overland
2,004 Posts
Recently, somewhere on this or one of the other popular Jeep forums, someone has done the switch. I'll see if I can find it.

·
Registered
2006 WK Overland
2,004 Posts

·
Registered
08 WK
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the info. I have read through that one I believe. I saw the swap with the 4.7 front end that already had the stock 3.73s. There just seems to be conflicting info out there as to what can fit. You’d think that if nitro or Yukon sell a 4.11 gear for the c200 IFS than it would fit. Just trying to find out if anyone had done it recently. I don’t think those companies made them back several years ago. I think it’s relatively new. Thanks again for the response though. I do appreciate it

·
Registered
WK
497 Posts
Nitro sells a R&P for the front 8" diff, and any 8.25" R&P in the rear should work. You'll need a tuner or AEV module to flash for regear.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts