Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took my 2014 with 97k miles in for the EGR recall as I got the dreaded Service Electronic Throttle back in November. Jeep ran great until last week when I got the Service Electronic Throttle message again.

Limped it back to the dealer and after a diagnostic they said that I needed a new injector, all new hoses, and a new glow plug module that shorted apparently. They were covering everything but the GP Module and wanted $650 for parts and labor.

I told them to kick rocks, so here I am. The part itself is $89 online and $140 at the dealer. How hard is this thing to install? It looks to be plug and play but I can't find any info on it online.

Weird thing is I've had glow plug issues (flashing GP light) since I got the Jeep back in 2016. When I got the EGR recall done they all went away. The diesel tech that performed the work said that the new EGR would take care of that problem and it did.

·
Registered
2010 WH Grand Cherok
77 Posts
Took my 2014 with 97k miles in for the EGR recall as I got the dreaded Service Electronic Throttle back in November. Jeep ran great until last week when I got the Service Electronic Throttle message again.

Limped it back to the dealer and after a diagnostic they said that I needed a new injector, all new hoses, and a new glow plug module that shorted apparently. They were covering everything but the GP Module and wanted $650 for parts and labor.

I told them to kick rocks, so here I am. The part itself is $89 online and $140 at the dealer. How hard is this thing to install? It looks to be plug and play but I can't find any info on it online.

Weird thing is I've had glow plug issues (flashing GP light) since I got the Jeep back in 2016. When I got the EGR recall done they all went away. The diesel tech that performed the work said that the new EGR would take care of that problem and it did.
15 minutes to fit module however if you know sumebody with a OBD2 code reader check the vehicle for fault codes first.!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts