Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm about to lose my 'ish on the dealer. I've had this groaning type sound since I bought my Jeep in the end of Dec. For the first bit, I thought it was just the electronic power steering(as my Merc S63 made a sound with the same type of system). It wouldn't always happen though. My driveway to the side of my house is kinda of a S shape. Whenever I would turn the wheel back the other way, I would hear this little groan sound. I also heard it on occasion pulling into a parking spot. I didn't think much of it. As time has gone on, it has gotten progressively worse and worse and more constant. Only way I can describe the sound is a power steering pump that's low on fluid. Granted we have electronic steering in our TH's, I knew it wasn't the steering. Must be TCase.

So I dropped it off on 3/13 to have it looked at, the fuel line recall looked at, an oil change, and tire rotation and balance. They put chassis ears on the Jeep and they determined it was the front diff. I didn't agree with that and still think it's the tcase or rear diff but said okay. The front diff was on back order of course. It finally showed up on Tuesday morning(3/27). They call me Thursday at 5pm and tell me they just pulled it in to start working on it. Nothing had been done yet. The job calls for 3.9 hours if no parts are swapped over and 4.6 hours if they have to swap parts over. I'm thinking it'll be ready yesterday. I call twice. Finally get a call back at 5pm yesterday. Said everything was done and they have the front diff out but haven't installed the new one yet. I'm like... WTF?!?! It should be done by now! Service Writer tells me it'll be ready today. The tech is coming in to finish it.

So no calls. I call them at 3pm. They tell me my SW is off today. I tell the guy I need to speak with someone who can tell me if my car is ready and I'm getting pissed off. The guy tells me the service manager will call me back.

He calls me back and asks how I'm doing. I tell him I'm not happy. He proceeds to tell me that they're aware of the situation and they're going to be calling Maw MOPAR on Monday. I'm like? Hmmmm... so the new diff has been installed? He says yes it was. So I say, Lemme guess.... it's still making the same noise as before? He said yes. SHOCKER!! Told them if it WASN'T THE FRONT DIFF, I was going to be pissed off if I had to wait and it wasn't the correct diagnosis.

So then he tells me that they believe this issue has to do with the "components" I installed. I told him NO NO NO! You are wrong sir. This problem has been going on for some time now and the Mopar Lowering Springs were a new addition. I told him I have proof on social media asking other TH owners if they hear the same noise before it had gotten really bad. I complained on our IG TH owners group on Feb 3rd about the issue and have on FB as well. Had the springs installed on Fed 22nd. Have screen shots of it.

The "regional rep" came out last week to the dealer and noticed it was lowered. He had to look at the run in my powder coat on one of my wheels to okay me getting a new one. He noticed it was lowered and said if I have another driveline issue, I would have to reinstall the factory springs as my MOPAR springs are made for the regular SRT not the TH. Really man? Give me a break. Only difference between the 2 are 200lbs. 200lbs will NOT make a difference as far as spring rates are concerned. What happens when you have the Jeep loaded with 5 people in it?!?!

This vehicle with the body panel fitments, this issue, the radio issues I've had, my "we owe" issues, the aluminum on the engine issues, needing 4 new tires with 150 miles on the car.... has really left a sour taste in my mouth. My wife's 2017 Summit's body panels fit better than my TH.

If you're reading this forum MOPAR..... GET YOUR **** TOGETHER! This is my 6th Mopar vehicle in 10 years and it is going to be my last I'm sure. Even my wife's 2017 Summit had ridiculous issues right from the start. I can guarantee that many first time Mopar owners that bought a TH..... this will be their last one as well.

Okay... I have banged on my keyboard long enough. It has said mercy. Poor keys. Rant is over.....

You know what really sucks about this whole ordeal.... is the fact that I absolutely 1000% am in love with driving this vehicle. It is the most fun vehicle I've ever had on the street. I'm more than likely going to put up with it bc it is so much fun to drive. That's what pisses me off. Thanks for listening y'all....

Harrison

·
Registered
JGC Trailhawk v6
52 Posts
Sorry to hear about your issues. I too have had several Jeep products over the last many many years. Usually the problems I had have not been with Chrysler, but a poorly trained dealer shop staff. Some just do not have a clue. There are a couple of local dealers I refuse to take my vehicles too. They have caused me issues over the years. Make them pull in their best. They should have anyway with a $100K vehicle. Make them have their MOPAR rep contact you.

·
Administrator
2018 Jeep Trackhawk
56,993 Posts
Sorry my friend

·
Premium Member
1,316 Posts
I'm about to lose my 'ish on the dealer. I've had this groaning type sound since I bought my Jeep in the end of Dec. For the first bit, I thought it was just the electronic power steering(as my Merc S63 made a sound with the same type of system). It wouldn't always happen though. My driveway to the side of my house is kinda of a S shape. Whenever I would turn the wheel back the other way, I would hear this little groan sound. I also heard it on occasion pulling into a parking spot. I didn't think much of it. As time has gone on, it has gotten progressively worse and worse and more constant. Only way I can describe the sound is a power steering pump that's low on fluid. Granted we have electronic steering in our TH's, I knew it wasn't the steering. Must be TCase.

So I dropped it off on 3/13 to have it looked at, the fuel line recall looked at, an oil change, and tire rotation and balance. They put chassis ears on the Jeep and they determined it was the front diff. I didn't agree with that and still think it's the tcase or rear diff but said okay. The front diff was on back order of course. It finally showed up on Tuesday morning(3/27). They call me Thursday at 5pm and tell me they just pulled it in to start working on it. Nothing had been done yet. The job calls for 3.9 hours if no parts are swapped over and 4.6 hours if they have to swap parts over. I'm thinking it'll be ready yesterday. I call twice. Finally get a call back at 5pm yesterday. Said everything was done and they have the front diff out but haven't installed the new one yet. I'm like... WTF?!?! It should be done by now! Service Writer tells me it'll be ready today. The tech is coming in to finish it.

So no calls. I call them at 3pm. They tell me my SW is off today. I tell the guy I need to speak with someone who can tell me if my car is ready and I'm getting pissed off. The guy tells me the service manager will call me back.

He calls me back and asks how I'm doing. I tell him I'm not happy. He proceeds to tell me that they're aware of the situation and they're going to be calling Maw MOPAR on Monday. I'm like? Hmmmm... so the new diff has been installed? He says yes it was. So I say, Lemme guess.... it's still making the same noise as before? He said yes. SHOCKER!! Told them if it WASN'T THE FRONT DIFF, I was going to be pissed off if I had to wait and it wasn't the correct diagnosis.

So then he tells me that they believe this issue has to do with the "components" I installed. I told him NO NO NO! You are wrong sir. This problem has been going on for some time now and the Mopar Lowering Springs were a new addition. I told him I have proof on social media asking other TH owners if they hear the same noise before it had gotten really bad. I complained on our IG TH owners group on Feb 3rd about the issue and have on FB as well. Had the springs installed on Fed 22nd. Have screen shots of it.

The "regional rep" came out last week to the dealer and noticed it was lowered. He had to look at the run in my powder coat on one of my wheels to okay me getting a new one. He noticed it was lowered and said if I have another driveline issue, I would have to reinstall the factory springs as my MOPAR springs are made for the regular SRT not the TH. Really man? Give me a break. Only difference between the 2 are 200lbs. 200lbs will NOT make a difference as far as spring rates are concerned. What happens when you have the Jeep loaded with 5 people in it?!?!

This vehicle with the body panel fitments, this issue, the radio issues I've had, my "we owe" issues, the aluminum on the engine issues, needing 4 new tires with 150 miles on the car.... has really left a sour taste in my mouth. My wife's 2017 Summit's body panels fit better than my TH.

If you're reading this forum MOPAR..... GET YOUR **** TOGETHER! This is my 6th Mopar vehicle in 10 years and it is going to be my last I'm sure. Even my wife's 2017 Summit had ridiculous issues right from the start. I can guarantee that many first time Mopar owners that bought a TH..... this will be their last one as well.

Okay... I have banged on my keyboard long enough. It has said mercy. Poor keys. Rant is over.....

You know what really sucks about this whole ordeal.... is the fact that I absolutely 1000% am in love with driving this vehicle. It is the most fun vehicle I've ever had on the street. I'm more than likely going to put up with it bc it is so much fun to drive. That's what pisses me off. Thanks for listening y'all....

Harrison

Sorry about what you are going through. I was without my SRT for 3 months because of backordered parts not to mention waiting times for water pumps, brembo rotors, springs etc. I really believe that Chrysler/jeep is making a big mistake by not providing the level of service expected when someone pays close to six figures for a car. We should be treated differently at dealerships and by corporate but we aren’t. There should be a point person at corporate who can just make things happen, if parts are backordered they should be able to just pull one off the line that was going to a stock ordered by dealership, we should get loaners and not have to wait weeks to schedule an oil change, etc etc. if they want people to come back and continue to buy halo vehicles they need to improve customer service....period....

·
Registered
Scat Pack Shaker
27 Posts
Damn.....pay six figures and treated like you drive a Yugo....suspect this is gonna become common sorry to say.....hope you get it resolved brother

·
Registered
Trackhawk
158 Posts
This scares the S&$% out of me. Had 2 SRT's and now a TH and never had any problems that required a dealer. I do all my own mtce on all my cars since I have had bad experiences with other dealers in the past. Sounds like FCA is not any better. :(

Well at least they gave you a loaner TH to drive.... Right? :lol:

·
Premium Member
687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ABSOLUTELY UNBELIEVABLE!!!! JEEP IS MAKING ME PUT THE STOCK SPRINGS BACK IN IT BEFORE THEY'LL FIX IT!!!! THIS IS THE MOST RIDICULOUS THING I'VE EVER HEARD IN MY LIFE!!

They could care less that I have proof that I've had this problem before I put the Mopar springs on. I am beyond livid!!

·
Registered
507 Posts
ABSOLUTELY UNBELIEVABLE!!!! JEEP IS MAKING ME PUT THE STOCK SPRINGS BACK IN IT BEFORE THEY'LL FIX IT!!!! THIS IS THE MOST RIDICULOUS THING I'VE EVER HEARD IN MY LIFE!!

They could care less that I have proof that I've had this problem before I put the Mopar springs on. I am beyond livid!!

Do you even want a Jeep after all this? Reason I ask is I myself will sell off any vehicle that has given me unreasonable amount of aggravation. I did it with a Ferrari and was the most refreshing and soul cleansing final act I could have done.

·
Registered
2,288 Posts
Do you even want a Jeep after all this? Reason I ask is I myself will sell off any vehicle that has given me unreasonable amount of aggravation. I did it with a Ferrari and was the most refreshing and soul cleansing final act I could have done.
If that Ferrari had any real value you'd be less than refreshed.
Not really a comparison to this guys brand new Jeep. I'd definitely fight Jeep to take it back and then take my business elsewhere.

·
Registered
507 Posts
If that Ferrari had any real value you'd be less than refreshed.
Not really a comparison to this guys brand new Jeep. I'd definitely fight Jeep to take it back and then take my business elsewhere.
That Ferrari was only 2 years old and quite a bit more money than the TH we are talking about. I actually broke even with my sell off. The take away is once your pissed off and soured, its probably best to move on to something else that brings back joy and fun. Only the OP knows if he is at this point yet.

·
Premium Member
238 Posts
so sorry to hear this.... even more reason that if you see something out of whack when you pick your truck up, just walk away and refuse. They'll make more.

But this just sucks man. Mopar needs to really get their crap together.

·
Premium Member
1,316 Posts

Since you have proof of problem before springs I would tell them that if the sound is still present after swapping springs back to original that they pay for the swap back to lowering springs as well as alignment...

·
Premium Member
687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Just picked the Jeep up. New front diff and it still making the exact same noise just like I told them it would when they said they were going to replace the front diff.

Talked with the manager too. Engineering said they won't diagnose the issue any further until the Jeep is back to stock. They could care less that the Jeep was doing this well before the MOPAR springs were installed.

I ran into my service writer at the gas station after I left. He told me they're thinking that bc it's lowered, the angle of the front axles are in a bind. Really? I mean seriously? If that was the case.... THEN EVERY FREAKING GCSRT WK2 WOULD BE DOING THE SAME THING!!!! What happens if I have 4 350lb guys riding in the Jeep if it was stock? It would ride lower!

I guess they just don't care about a guy who has bought 6 MOPARs over the last 10 years and 4 from that dealership. But I mean hey.... what do I know? I only own the fastest AWD Jeep GCSRT in the world. I've only been a part of building 40 Jeeps that would smoke a TH. What do I know about correctly modifying something. SMMFH!

·
Premium Member
687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Since you have proof of problem before springs I would tell them that if the sound is still present after swapping springs back to original that they pay for the swap back to lowering springs as well as alignment...
For real and they can make my payment for the lost time of driving it.

·
Registered
2,288 Posts
That Ferrari was only 2 years old and quite a bit more money than the TH we are talking about. I actually broke even with my sell off. The take away is once your pissed off and soured, its probably best to move on to something else that brings back joy and fun. Only the OP knows if he is at this point yet.
Sure it was. Good for you.

·
Premium Member
687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Sadly..... this will be the last MOPAR product I ever buy.

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
I'm with you on that, Mopar is crap, and I'm never buying anything from Mopar again. Remember when they caught the assembly line workers drinking and smoking weed at lunchtime and fired them ? Their attorney and Union Rep got their jobs back for them, and they seem to still be at it. The latest reliability ratings show the bottom 7 out of ten spots belong to Mopar.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts