Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Did a roadtrip to Graceland, some overnight bags and 4 adults. kept it at 75 where possible, got 27mpg calculated. The biggest difficulty i have with the EcoDiesel is trying to find the diesel pump that has the nozzle fitting into the gas tank. I haven't figured out what to look for when looking for diesel? And even noticed that sometimes diesel is really cheap (wisconsin, looking at you!) but turns out to be recreational diesel, so has less or no taxes on the fuel... Anybody any pointers on how to reliably find a gas station anywhere on the road that can fill up the ecodiesel?

Oh, bought the ecodiesel at carmax at 29k, now at 46k, got the 100k extended warranty, so am looking at using this thing for a couple of years :)

·
Registered
224 Posts
GasBuddy app, great for finding cheapest fuel stations.

·
Registered
2014 JGC Overland
78 Posts
We love our JGC and, fortunately, have an excellent dealer 3 miles from us. SO FAR, we experienced zero post AEM issues and only one regen notice on the EVIC. We decided we will keep the JGC and our Lance travel trailer combo for another 2 years. This will leave some warranty on the vehicle when we sell/trade it in. Although, given FCA'S own "Dieselgate" and their initial 3.0 VM substandard diesel emissions systems engineering, whether it will be another FCA vehicle is still under review/discussion.
We have an excellent dealer 3 miles away...Problem is their appointments are always 3 weeks out.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
The biggest difficulty i have with the EcoDiesel is trying to find the diesel pump that has the nozzle fitting into the gas tank. I haven't figured out what to look for when looking for diesel?
If you pull into any diesel pump at the "Automotive or RV" islands at any station or truck stop you should be fine. I have only had one instance in 6 years where they actually put the wrong nozzle on a diesel pump. They put a unleaded nozzle on by mistake and it was just too big. Of course the attendant didn't begin to comprehend the issue so I just went to another station. Obviously, stay away from big rig islands also as those nozzles are way to big...

·
Registered
Overland ATG ORAII
1,268 Posts
We had a diesel shortage in TX a couple of years ago and the only pump I found with diesel in it was a truck pump. It took me 30 mins (and a sore hand!) to get some diesel in our JGC.
It was then I went out and bought a VW diesel pump nozzle adapter......just in case.

https://www.idparts.com/diesel-fueling-adapter-p-2418.html

Well worth keeping one in your JGC ED !!!

·
Registered
108 Posts
We had a diesel shortage in TX a couple of years ago and the only pump I found with diesel in it was a truck pump. It took me 30 mins (and a sore hand!) to get some diesel in our JGC.
It was then I went out and bought a VW diesel pump nozzle adapter......just in case.

https://www.idparts.com/diesel-fueling-adapter-p-2418.html

Well worth keeping one in your JGC ED !!!
I use the truck pumps quite often without much trouble. The only trouble I have is the pump rate is extremely fast and you can fill up the tank in about 1/4 the time. Why did it take you 30 minutes?

·
Registered
Overland ATG ORAII
1,268 Posts
This was at a true "Truck Stop" with the very large pump end and the fuel pressure was extremely high. So I was holding the pump handle barely open (which is very difficult to to do) otherwise it would have (and did initially!) gush out all over the car. I ended up filling the whole tank because of the shortage and THAT is why it took 30mins :) !

We owned a Class A Diesel Motorhome and used regular truck pumps a lot.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts