Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

· Registered
JK
439 Posts
I read a review that said the cost of repairing the larger sunroofs can be very expensive, because they have to put in a whole new one, not just replace components. Several larger SUVs and luxury autos have had them for a few years so that might be based on actual incidents not just speculation.

The skyslider will be unique to the Trailhawk it looks like from the Edmunds.com build site.

· Registered
1992 Mitsu Eclipse
658 Posts
I read a review that said the cost of repairing the larger sunroofs can be very expensive, because they have to put in a whole new one, not just replace components. Several larger SUVs and luxury autos have had them for a few years so that might be based on actual incidents not just speculation.
Yeah, but most insurance companies offer full glass. That includes the sunroof glass. I know, my huge Forester sunroof shattered for no apparent reason once. Covered by full glass.

Zhe Wiz

· Registered
785 Posts
:lol: Looks like this car will have the same radio problems the 14 Grand Cherokee has. He got the 911 see dealer for service error message. while playing with the settings. Fix this stuff before presenting already!

· Registered
209 Posts
:lol: Looks like this car will have the same radio problems the 14 Grand Cherokee has. He got the 911 see dealer for service error message. while playing with the settings. Fix this stuff before presenting already!
It looked like it was just relative to phone pairing - and giving you the option of calling 911 even without the phone pairing. It didn't look like the normal errors.

I could be wrong...

· Registered
209 Posts
This thing is really growing on me for a vehicle for my wife. I could dig it. I just wonder about the discounts right off the bat - since they're having delays and there is so much controversy relative to looks. I'm not paying sticker just because it's "new." Add to that, the fact that since there are still '13's around, you can get some significant discounts and "upgrade" to the Grand. Hmmm.

· Registered
61 Posts
This thing is really growing on me for a vehicle for my wife. I could dig it. I just wonder about the discounts right off the bat - since they're having delays and there is so much controversy relative to looks. I'm not paying sticker just because it's "new." Add to that, the fact that since there are still '13's around, you can get some significant discounts and "upgrade" to the Grand. Hmmm.
The Trailhawk has the best aesthetic out of any trim level of the Cherokee, IMO. The others have not grown on me yet.

To your comment about pricing, I would bet it will be more about available markup than discounts. And if they do not ramp up production, supply and demand could take over and you may be seeing over sticker prices.

There wasn't a 2013 built, period. The Liberty wasn't built for the 2013 model year unless you're referring to the Grand Cherokee in which case that's an entirely different vehicle. In addition, there's only $500 in rebate on V6's and $ 2,000 on V8's. Not exactly door busting incentives.

· Registered
209 Posts
The Trailhawk has the best aesthetic out of any trim level of the Cherokee, IMO. The others have not grown on me yet.

To your comment about pricing, I would bet it will be more about available markup than discounts. And if they do not ramp up production, supply and demand could take over and you may be seeing over sticker prices.

There wasn't a 2013 built, period. The Liberty wasn't built for the 2013 model year unless you're referring to the Grand Cherokee in which case that's an entirely different vehicle. In addition, there's only $500 in rebate on V6's and $ 2,000 on V8's. Not exactly door busting incentives.
You'll see in my post that I was referring to the Grand Cherokee. As for pricing of 2013's...they're almost giving them away. Ok, not really, but my local dealer is marking DOWN Overland's at the rate of about $10,000 - bringing them to about $38k-$40k range. Cursory searches of Autotrader will show you the same. Deals are plenty. I think I'd like the Trailhawk Cherokee, though...again, I just don't want markups - and would prefer markdowns!

· Registered
785 Posts
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.